Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Funny Face (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
Today Only: "Mad Max Anthology (4 Film Collection) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)" for $25.99
For one day only: Mad Max Anthology (4 Film Collection) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 27, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Hepburn/Astaire ~ Funny Face
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is very misleading.
If memory serves this movie was based on what was to be a Broadway play originally entitled "Wedding Day" but MGM came a calling and bought the rights before it ever reached the stage.When MGM had second thoughts it got passed on to Paramount where they finally turned it into the movie we now have.
However Fred and his wonderful and talented sister Adele first introduced Funny Face(the PLAY-similar score but totally different plot) to the world back in 1927.It hit Broadway and had an extensive and fabulously long run into mid 1928.From there Fred and Adele took it to the London stage and repeated its' wild success there well into 1929.
Upon its' arrival on the screen in 1957 Paramount lifted four songs from the original 1927 George and Ira Gershwin songbook and added two more by Leonard Gershe and Roger Edens.
It is certainly a movie influenced by its' times with its' central theme based around the late 50s coffee house/beatnik/philosophic phenom of the day.These were the days of Sartre,Kerouac,Ginsberg and cool jazz.
Director Stanley Donen almost paints this film with his heavy use of colouring from beginning to end.
Audrey Hepburn was also a kind of phenom of her own during this period.One of the most popular actresses of the day and one of the most emulated from her hair style and clothing to her petite figure.She gives a pleasing performance and is quite good overall and the director gives her many a camera-loving close up.
However her co-star is the real rock and foundation of this film-the inimitable Mr.Fred Astaire.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I enjoyed this movie, but the music is not really to my taste. There ARE some cute scenes, but I still can't get over the age difference between Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire-... Read morePublished on Aug. 23 2010 by Jo
"Please! I can't hear myself think and I'm trying to think in French!" One of the funniest lines in this great, stylish, movie. To this day my sister and I quote from it. Read morePublished on May 9 2005 by Canuckfcuk
I should have known this musical was going to be bad when I had to fast forward through the first two songs. Read morePublished on April 14 2004
I bought it for Audrey Hepburn's charm and to watch Fred Astaire's footwork. Was disapointed by the relative lack of the footwork, but fell in love with the charmPublished on May 22 2003
In 1957, Paramount produced a very enjoyable musical comedy called "Funny Face", directed by Stanley Donen, and to the music of George Gershwin, Adolph Deutsch, Roger Edens and... Read morePublished on Jan. 9 2003 by M. Hart
Audrey Hepburn rarely looked lovelier than in this gorgeous musical comedy, inspired loosely by the career of photographer Richard Avedon. Read morePublished on Jan. 6 2003 by Bil Antoniou
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Classics > Classic Stars > Audrey Hepburn
- Movies & TV > Classics > Classic Stars > Fred Astaire
- Movies & TV > Classics > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Classic Comedies
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Comedy Stars > Audrey Hepburn
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Romantic Comedies > Classics
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies musicales
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies romantiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Comédie
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Family Films
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Classics
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Romance