The Future of the Library Paperback – Dec 28 2015
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert K. Logan (PhD., MIT, 1965) is Professor Emeritus of Physics and St. Michael’s College Fellow at the University of Toronto. He is the Chief Scientist of sLab at OCAD University. He is the author of many books and articles including Understanding New Media: Extending Marshall McLuhan (Peter Lang, 2010). The book follows on from their joint authorship of Alphabet, mother of invention (1977).
Marshall McLuhan (PhD Cambridge, 1943) was a Professor of English at St. Michael’s College at the University of Toronto from 1946 to his passing in 1980. He was the founder of the field of media ecology and author of many revolutionary books and articles including The Gutenberg Galaxy, Understanding Media and The Medium is the Massage. He is the originator of such iconic phrases as «the global village» and «the medium is the message.»
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Biographies
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Culture
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Online Books
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Library & Information Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Library & Information Science
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences