- Shipping Weight: 181 g
- Item model number: BLD2000
- ASIN: B00DZ5GZI8
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: May 7 2013
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #42,788 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GE Protimeter BLD2000 Mini Moisture Meter, LED Display, 6 to 90% Range, 9 V Power, 7-1/64" Length x 1-29/32" Width x 1.09" Height
- Bright LED display for clarity
- Durable and rugged design
- Color coded moisture scale for simple classification of dry, borderline or damp conditions in materials
- Comfortable to hold and easy to use
- Auto shut off for increased battery life
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
GE Protimeter Mini is a compact, general purpose pin type moisture meter used for assessing moisture conditions in buildings. The Protimeter Mini can be used for making rapid moisture assessments in a wide range of building materials including wood, masonry, drywall, plaster and concrete. The instrument measuring pins are small and sharp which means measurements can be taken at the surface with virtually no mark left behind. The numerical values represent the actual percent moisture content of wood (percent MC) and the wood moisture equivalent (WME) of other materials. The Protimeter Mini can be used to determine if the fabric of a building is in a dry, borderline or damp condition. When taking readings in awkward positions, the Protimeter Mini can be used with the moisture probe and lead, supplied as standard with the instrument. The optional Protimeter Hammer Electrode can also be used with the Protimeter Mini for determining moisture gradients in wood. Typical users include: home inspectors, flooring contractors, termite pest control officers, wood product manufacturers and traders, cleaning and floor restoration professionals, woodworkers. 24 months warranty on mechanical or manufacturing defects. Does not include wearing part or accessories.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The visual signal, lights ranging from green to red, make photo-documentation a snap.
Second one I've owned, and if I lose this one, too, I'll buy another right away.
Be careful when removing or inserting the battery. (I store less-often-used tools with the battery removed, in case the battery leaks.)
* The two contacts are identical and the molded battery polarity indication is hard to see. The good news is that putting the battery in backwards doesn't blow out the meter (guess how I know.)
* Takes quite a bit of force to get the battery out. I put a small screwdriver in with the meter,
* If removing or inserting the battery, be sure the cap is in place. It would be easy to stab yourself!
Those are minor quibbles. This is a very fine tool.