- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
GEMA: Birthplace of German Radar and Sonar Hardcover – Jan 1 2000
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a detailed, professional-level book with ample technical coverage of the various sets, production figures for each model, proper citation of sources, and name and subject indexes. It does an excellent job of reconstructing the company's history despite the passage of time and the wartime loss of records. The photographs of the various radar sets are plentiful and of unusually good quality.
This will be an essential text for specialists, and an informative read for those with a general interest in the field.
-Dr. John Beavis, Transmission Lines
If you want to have a well-rounded, complete perspective on the birth and development of radar, GEMA: Birthplace of German Radar and Sonar is essential.
a very welcome addition to the literature.
the work really is worth reading.
-IEEE AES Systems Magazine
Offers rare technical descriptions as well as information about industrial and scientific cooperation involving secret equipment in Germany before 1945.
All in all, the volume is well written, perhaps partly due to Brown's involvement.
-History of Physics Newsletter, Volume VIII, No. 5
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Antennas & Radar
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics