- Product Dimensions: 16 x 24 x 16.5 cm ; 327 g
- Shipping Weight: 907 g
- Item model number: GR-140
- ASIN: B002I7FCMO
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: May 7 2010
- Average Customer Review: 32 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #137,065 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
GROSCHE GLASGOW Glass Teapot with Infuser 1000 ml 34 Fl Oz capacity
|List Price:||CDN$ 45.00|
|You Save:||CDN$ 8.01 (18%)|
- Glass infuser Teapot -with loose leaf tea infuser
- Classic and Elegant Design. it comes with a removable infuser that can be used to steep loose leaf teasse teas and spices.
- Replaceable infuser available from GROSCHE
- Highest quality Medical Grade Borosilicate Glass construction
- Lifetime Warranty against clouding - High Quality Medical grade glassware
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
GLASGOW Glass Teapot: With classic and subtle European design notes, the high quality contemporary look of the GLASGOW teapot is an elegant part of any table setting. Its 1 liter (approx 34 fl oz) Capacity is great for 4-5 tea cups at a time. Perfect for an after dinner tea setting, this steeper tea pot is made of medical grade GROSCHE Borosilicate glass that is heat resistant, lightweight, and strong. Perfect for use with a GROSCHE SAHARA Warmer (not included) to keep your tea warm for hours. With the GLASGOW, you can just add more water and allow your tea leaves to re-steep giving you many more great cups of tea to enjoy. You can also use it without the steeper for flowering teas by removing the strainer. It is top rack dishwasher and microwave safe. This high quality GROSCHE teapot is guaranteed against ever becoming cloudy even after many, many years of use. The 1 Litre (33.8 Fl oz.) size makes this a great size for having tea for 2 to 5 people. You can always add water to an emptying kettle to re-steep your teas. It’s a 3 piece set, with the teapot, strainer / Infuser included, and the teapot lid. It goes great with a SAHARA teapot Warmer (Sold separately). Brand new, it comes in the original GROSCHE packaging box. Learn more at www.grosche.ca
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The Grosche company does NOT recommend that this pot be used on a stove top (check the FAQ on their website).
- This item is not from Germany, it is made in China.
- Be careful when handling it with just boiled water as the water in the spout may splash out suddenly (happened to me twice) if it is full to above the passage between spout entry and teapot (the boiling bubble has nowhere to go but up the spout).
- the handle and lid become very hot to the touch.
I was waiting a week before I was going to give this kettle 5 stars, but tonight the inevitable happened and the thing just cracked. Like previous reviewers have said - it's fragile and it will crack. I was literally pouring tea into a glass mug, and the lid on the teapot shifted so I moved the teapot to compensate and the spout touched the edge of my glass mug. One touch - and crack.
I'm pretty disappointed because I had high hopes for this kettle/teapot.
Unfortunately, after about a year of delicate use, this broke during hand washing in the sink. Upon further inspection I noted that the glass on the bottom was EXTREMELY thin, which seems odd as this would be a frequent wear area. I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality. I have since found another glass teapot from Salvation Army that is much sturdier and I've owned and washed it for over two years now without any breakage issues. While I loved the look of this Grosche teapot, I'm afraid it is not the most durable one out there.
I haven't tried boiling water in it yet but it is great for looking at the color of your tea
It is really cool though, i have used it to boil water several times, and steep teas in it regularly. I wish i had bought the warmer too, then it could stay warm longer. But the infuser works well, really fine tea can get stuck in it but that hep pens with any glass infusers. I don't like other steel infusers cause they seem to give off a metallic taste... That's why i like the glass teapots. We have been using it to make flowering teas we bought at the local tea shop, worked great.
It is so cute though, a good buy. Enjoy!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Sellers were quick to refund.