Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 5.53 shipping
+ CDN$ 7.04 shipping
Gaggia Decalcifier Descaler Solution
- The gaggia decalcifier comes in 250ml bottles.
- The gaggia decalcifier can be used to rid super and semi-automatic machines of scale buildup
- Also good for ridding your machine of calcium deposits.
- For use with its espresso machines
- This safe and effective formula is officially approved by gaggia
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Gaggia Decalcifier can be used to rid super and semi-automatic machines of scale buildup and calcium deposits. This safe and effective formula is officially approved by Gaggia for use with its espresso machines. The Gaggia Decalcifier comes in 250ml bottles.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Remove shower disc by unscrewing the screw under the brew head. Clean filter. Do not reinsert.
Pour entire bottle into water tank.
Turn on pump for 15 seconds.
Put cup under brew head. Press brew button and run for several seconds.
Put cup under steam spout. Do not press steam button. Instead, press brew button. Solution should come out spout. Run for several seconds.
Wait 20 minutes.
Repeat until all solution has been run through.
Rinse by running plain cold water through machine.
Replace the shower disc.
Hope this helps!
Other than that, it's fine.
1. The instructions that came packed with mine indicated an initial long cycle or two and then 2-3 minute repeat cycles, not 20-30 minute repeat cycles.
2. Watch the tank design of your machine. If the only way to totally empty the tank at the end (to get the last of the descaler out) is to pull it through the front of your machine, you need to let the machine cool for a long time. The descaling process heats everything up a lot.
3. My machine did run noticeably better afterward - but not noticeably better than using powdered descaler. The Gaggia liquid is more convenient, but it is not more effective.
4. This descaler is not for use on chrome-plated parts like your portafilter. Use Urnex coffee pot cleaner for those. Don't be afraid to let things soak. You can also fill a "pressurized" filter basket with Urnex to help get the oils off it (the descaler only attacks calcium deposits - not coffee gunk).