- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Ballantine Books; Cmc edition (Aug. 26 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0345464559
- ISBN-13: 978-0345464552
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2.2 x 22.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 662 g
- Average Customer Review: 53 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #50,416 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack #1 Paperback – Aug 26 2003
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jim Davis was born on July 28, 1945, in Marion, Indiana. He later attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he distinguished himself by earning one of the lowest cumulative grade point averages in the history of the university. (Incidentally, a fellow classmate named David Letterman earned the other). The Garfield strip was born on June 19, 1978, syndicated in forty-one U.S. newspapers. Today it’s syndicated in more than 2,100 newspapers worldwide with more than 200 million readers, leading Guinness World Records to name Garfield The Most Widely Syndicated Comic Strip in the World. Davis has had many successes with Garfield, including four Emmy Awards for Outstanding Animated Program and induction into the Licensing Hall of Fame (1998), but his most prized awards are from his peers in the National Cartoonist Society: Best Humor Strip (1981 and 1985), the Elzie Segar Award (1990), and the coveted Reuben Award (1990) for overall excellence in cartooning.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The one where a little ant, a bird, whos ready to eat the ant, and Garfield, who wants to despreatly eat the bird, eats him, and the Ant says "My hero!" And, then garfield stomps him.
2. One of the ones where Garfield doesnt want to eat, becauuse of his diet. Thats the one where Garfield says he doesnt think he can eat his 2nd lettuce leaf. Then, he grabs Jon by the neck, and says "Because I'm Planning To Pass Out From Hunger!!"
3. The one where Jon says "You know what I love about cats, Garfield? Youre so refined." Then, Garfield does a hairball hack, and says "Ahem, you were saying?" Heh.
4. One of the spider scenes when a spider has a walking cast, and, he says to Garfield "I'd ask you to sign it, but I hate your stinking guts, you fat tub of lard!" And, then, it looks like Garfield smacked him, and, the Spider was inside the cast. I have no idea though if it was garfield or spider... funny tho!
5. One where this lady walks, Jon and Garfield are siting on a bench on a boardwalk, and, the woman yawns and burps (hahaha) And, Garfield says "She seemed nice" Then, Jon does a puzzled look.
OH, one more thing. When Jon does those dorky, sad, mad, and not happy eyelashed looks, I call those looks "kiddees". I dont know why, I just think its very funny. Anyway, I love this book!
This, his 40th book, covers the strips from June-December of 2001 with a few outrageous outtakes in which you won't recognize Garfield before he took on his present form.
My favorites are always the ones with Nermal, but his neighbor Mrs. Feeny also gets her share of torture from the tubby tabby and his antics with Jon and Odie take center stage. When it comes to cats, fat is where it's at and nobody does fat better than Garfield in a smorgasboord of full-color strips to make you laugh the day away.
- It saves you money over buying each volume individually
- 3 in 1 fun
- Great way to start collecting the whole Garfield's series
- Great for anyone! Kids, Adults, or even grandparents that love comic books
- Great way to make your kids love reading
Once you buy one, you will want to buy the other 3-pack volumes as well! When you read, be sure to wear a diaper, because it might make you pee in your pants. :)
The creators of Garfield have spent some time reconstruting his website, and in June Garfield will star in a movie... with Lorzeno Music's voice I think. He played Garfield in the old TV series.