- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Celestial Arts; 1 edition (Dec 2 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1587613220
- ISBN-13: 978-1587613227
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.3 x 22.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 558 g
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #9,560 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: A Doctor's Guide to Natural Childbirth and Gentle Early Parenting Choices Paperback – Dec 2 2008
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
SARAH BUCKLEY, MD, is an internationally known authority on natural birthing and parenting choices. She has published numerous articles in Mothering magazine and Midwifery Today. She lives in Brisbane, Australia.
THE AUTHOR SCOOP
How long did it take you to write this book?
Around ten years since I wrote the first material, and around 9 months to rewrite and put it all together.
What was the hardest thing about writing a book?
Combining it with looking after 4 children
When did you know you were a writer?
When I was 10, I told my class teacher I wanted to be an author!
Favorite childhood book?
I was a precocious reader, I read Jane Eyre at age 10 and loved Wuthering Heights.
If you had to boil your book’s message down to one sentence, what would it be?
Trust your body, trust your baby, follow your instincts
What are you working on now?
A commissioned report on the hormonal orchestration of labor
If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Sorting things out on every level, which includes a special talent for removing embedded hair ties from Barbie hair.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Dr Buckley (MD) provides detailed information in a well laid out manner that examines pros, cons and alternatives to popular topics such as home births vs birthing centre vs hospitals, epidurals, pain medications during labour, monitoring practices, vitamin K injections, cesareans, breastfeeding, co-sleeping etc.
Some of the information can be a "heavy read" but even a lay person can tease themselves thru the information at hand and take from it what they will. She also includes her own personal experiences which to me gave the remaining scientific content an even greater meaning as she is obviously a very caring mother and doctor who can speak/write from a great deal of clinical and personal experience.
It was very useful to my family during my pregnancy and i will highly recommend it to my friends, family and patients going forward.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Motherhood
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology