- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: A Doctor's Guide to Natural Childbirth and Gentle Early Parenting Choices Paperback – Dec 2 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
SARAH BUCKLEY, MD, is an internationally known authority on natural birthing and parenting choices. She has published numerous articles in Mothering magazine and Midwifery Today. She lives in Brisbane, Australia.
THE AUTHOR SCOOP
How long did it take you to write this book?
Around ten years since I wrote the first material, and around 9 months to rewrite and put it all together.
What was the hardest thing about writing a book?
Combining it with looking after 4 children
When did you know you were a writer?
When I was 10, I told my class teacher I wanted to be an author!
Favorite childhood book?
I was a precocious reader, I read Jane Eyre at age 10 and loved Wuthering Heights.
If you had to boil your book’s message down to one sentence, what would it be?
Trust your body, trust your baby, follow your instincts
What are you working on now?
A commissioned report on the hormonal orchestration of labor
If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Sorting things out on every level, which includes a special talent for removing embedded hair ties from Barbie hair.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
I love this book, it was a great resource to me when I was considering what type of birth I wanted for my last two children. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Enfilin
In love this book and that it begins to cover gentle parenting. Most baby books stop at birth. It's refreshing to have some starting points for gentle parenting.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Motherhood
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology