- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Get Smokin': 190 Award-winning Smoker Oven Recipes Paperback – Mar 16 2001
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Cookshack , located in Ponca City, Oklahoma, has been making smokers for almost 35 years. These smoke-cooking experts offer state-of-the-art smoker ovens, a discussion forum, recipes, and a recipe contest. Once sold only to restaurants, supermarkets, meat markets, caterers, and other retail food service businesses, their smokers are now popular among home cooks everywhere. Now all cooks can do what the professionals do, in their own back yard.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is a mixed bag.
On the plus side, the recipes are truly adventurous - smoked venison carpaccio with baby frisee and red oak salad with maple soy vinaigrette anyone?
However, there are problems:
- the book is aimed at Cookshack owners. It's not an insurmountable problem for those comfortable with smokers, but it's irritating.
- the recipes don't offer much in terms of explanation (such as Smoke and Spice does). For example the "Smoked Steaks" says ingredients 1&1/4" steaks. The recipe is smoke at 240 for 1 hour. That's it!
- it feels at times to be a catering book in terms of the recipe sizes: Pulled Pork BBQ = 40lb boneless pork butt!!!
- the recipes don't do much in terms of explaining what to look for or substitutions (again, such as Smoke and Spice). It's very mechanical = take this do that.
- a small portion of the recipes aren't even smoker recipes.
So here's the deal:
- if you own a Cookshack smoker, add a star.
- if you're an experienced smoker looking for different recipes, or willing to experiment a bit, then 3 stars.
- if you're looking for handholding or discussion (like Smoke and Spice) subtract a star.