Getting Started with Processing: A Hands-On Introduction to Making Interactive Graphics Paperback – Sep 26 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Casey Reas is a professor in the Department of Design Media Arts at UCLA and a graduate of the MIT Media Laboratory. Reas' software has been featured in numerous solo and group exhibitions at museums and galleries in the United States, Europe, and Asia. With Ben Fry, he co-founded Processing in 2001. He is the co-author of Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists (2007) and Form+Code in Design, Art, and Architecture (2010). His work is archived at http://www.reas.comwww.reas.com.
Ben Fry has a doctorate from the MIT Media Laboratory and was the 2006-2007 Nierenberg Chair of Design for the Carnegie Mellon School of Design. He worked with Casey Reas to develop Processing, which won a Golden Nica from the Prix Ars Electronica in 2005. Ben's work has received a New Media Fellowship from the Rockefeller Foundation, and been shown at the Museum of Modern Art, Ars Electronica, the 2002 Whitney Biennial, and the 2003 Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I have some experience with c++ and arduino. I'm not an advanced programmer by any means but this book was easy to read and understand. It got right into putting things on the screen and playing around! It is great for making graphics to represent arduino serial data and interfaces.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Video Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Automotive > Electronics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages