- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson (Feb. 27 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1400305292
- ISBN-13: 978-1400305292
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 0.7 x 26 cm
- Shipping Weight: 272 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #970,226 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Gigi, God's Little Princess Hardcover – Feb 27 2005
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and bestselling author with more than five million books sold. She is the author of the award-winning Gigi, God’s Little Princess series, Peace for Today, Loved Back to Life, The Storm Inside, Five Minutes with Jesus and The Longing in Me. She is cohost of Life Today with James and Betty Robison. Sheila lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Barry, and son, Christian.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book attempts to do just that. Unfortunately, I feel like it comes up short in a few ways.
First, the illustrations are monochromatic. For a book that is trying to excite the sensibilities of creative little girls, using such a simple pallet of color doesn't make sense to me.
Second, the story is bland and meandering. This is often an issue with Christian literature. In an attempt to share a message the author sacrifices artistic technique. Utilizing a plot common to children's stories - a clear conflict and resolution - would have been helpful. Descriptive, concrete language is lacking, and the amount of text per page for the target audience isn't appropriate.
Third, the use of scripture also follows a stilted pattern in Christian literature for children. Instead of being woven into the narrative, scripture is thrown onto the page at the bottom either to be left unread or awkwardly interrupting the pattern of the story.
I find all of this unfortunate because the book was a great idea! It's just poorly executed, like a lot of Christian literature.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Royalty
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Religious Fiction > Christian
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Children's & Teens > Ages 4-8
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Children's & Teens > Fiction
- Books > Christian Living Store > 5 to 8 Years
- Books > Religion & Spirituality