- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Girls Who Rocked the World: Heroines from Joan of Arc to Mother Teresa Paperback – Oct 30 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Girls Who Rocked the World is full of inspiring stories about young women who demonstrate that people of all ages have the power to create change in the world."
—Midori Goto, violinist, activist, and United Nations Messenger of Peace
"In an appealing, conversational style, McCann presents hort biographies of young women from all over the world, from ancient to contemporary, who prove that youth need not prevent one making a difference....An inspiring, empowering compendium." (Kirkus Reviews)
About the Author
Michelle Roehm McCann has worked as a children’s book editor and art director for more than twenty years, as well as writing and compiling seven award-winning children’s books of her own. She teaches children’s and young adult book publishing at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon, where she lives with her husband, two world-rocking kids, and their brilliant cats, Horace and Percy.
Amelie Welden started working on the first version of Girls Who Rocked the World as a college student in Portland, Oregon. More recently, she returned to her interest in writing and received an MFA in creative writing from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She currently teaches composition at the University of Michigan Dearborn and at Oakland University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I bought this book for my daughter so she would be inspired and know that women can do great things.
This book was not boring and kept her interest.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Women
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Books > Children's Books > History