- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Giver (illustrated; gift edition) Hardcover – Oct 25 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A powerful and provocative novel'- The New York Times
'Wrought with admirable skill - the emptiness and menace underlying this Utopia emerge step by inexorable step: a richly provocative novel.'- Kirkus , starred review
'Lowry is once again in top form raising many questions while answering few, and unwinding a tale fit for the most adventurous readers.'- Publishers Weekly , starred review
'The simplicity and directness of Lowry's writing force readers to grapple with their own thoughts.'- Booklist , starred review
'The theme of balancing the values of freedom and security is beautifully presented.'- The Horn Book Magazine , starred review
About the Author
Lois Lowry is the author of more than thirty books for young adults, including the popular Anastasia Krupnik series. She has received countless honors, among them the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, the Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award, the California Young Reader's Medal, and the Mark Twain Award. She received Newbery Medals for two of her novels, NUMBER THE STARS and THE GIVER. Her first novel, A SUMMER TO DIE, was awarded the International Reading Association's Children's Book Award. Ms. Lowrynow divides her time between Cambridge and an 1840s farmhouse in Maine. To learn more about Lois Lowry, see her website at www.loislowry.com .
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Not nearly as many illustrations as I was originally hoping for, but still a beautiful edition.
Most recent customer reviews
Looking forward to the movie adaptation. Short books tend to make excellent movies these days!
Would have enjoyed more memories to be shared.
It was an amazing book about love and differences. It is so descriptive an warming to the heart. I would recommend this book to any age rating. Read morePublished on Feb. 18 2014 by Mia
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Boys & Men
- Books > Children's Books > Mysteries & Detectives
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Adventure & Thrillers
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction