The Global Film Book Paperback – Feb 25 2014
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Global Film is as much about business as it is about cinema, society, and enculturation. The text's ideological bent, which evokes Stuart Hall and the Birmingham School, gives it a political-economy-of-film veneer... [it] is a comendable effort to chart this ephemeral and inexhaustible trove of cultural riches." - Tony Osborne, Gonzaga University, Communication Research Trends
About the Author
Roy Stafford has taught film in further, higher and adult education in the UK. He is now a freelance lecturer working in cinema-based film education. He is co-author of The Media Student’s Book (5th edition, 2010) and has written widely on film including Understanding Audiences and the Film Industry (2007) and study guides on La haine (2000) and Seven Samurai (2001).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Industry
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology