- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: Puffin Books; Reprint edition (Sept. 22 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0698115759
- ISBN-13: 978-0698115750
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 0.4 x 20.3 cm
- Shipping Weight: 91 g
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #206,538 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Going to the Potty Paperback – Sep 22 1997
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Behold the Dreamers" is an unforgettable debut novel about a family's struggle to make a new life in America from author Imbolo Mbue. Learn more
From Publishers Weekly
Going to the Potty, a title in Rogers's First Experiences series, handles a sensitive subject with the same quiet candor and respect for young audiences that are the hallmark of his Mister Rogers' Neighborhood TV show. Large color photos present children using the toilet, and the straightforward text emphasizes the benefits to the child of mastering this developmental step. Unlike other books on this subject, which can be overly cutesy and condescending, this one offers practical information and gentle encouragement. Children may be disappointed that Mr. Rogers himself appears only on the book's jacket, but parents will find this a valuable resource. (27st
Copyright 1986 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Producer, magician, writer, puppeteer, minister, husband, father, Fred Rogers started out in children's television thirty years ago. The direction he trailblazed was the "creation of television programming that spoke, with respect, to the concerns of early childhood, not as adults see it but as children feel it."
He has received virtually every major award in the television industry for work in his field, and dozens of others from special-interest groups.
Fred Rogers lives in Pennsylvania.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Yes---the pictures were taken years ago but who cares. The pictures are discrete yet very informative and neither I nor my child cares what clothes the people are wearing. The information is still up to date---going to the potty hasn't changed over the years has it? I highly recommend this book. It does not contain any silly characters or make potty training into a story but a reality of real people using the potty. Good job Mr. Rogers!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Health > Toilet Training
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 4-8
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Baby-3
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Parenting & Families
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Toilet Training