The Great Global Warming Blunder: How Mother Nature Fooled the World's Top Climate Scientists Hardcover – Apr 13 2010
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
It was gratifying to note that Dr. Spencer's book confirmed much of what I had said and written about the subject, ever since declaring war on it, when it first appeared some twenty years ago, and I have no hesitation in recommending the book as a "must read" for anyone who cares about the future of civilization.
The book abounds with passages which I could have written myself: "The climate policy of most of the world's leading industrial nations is based on a total lie" ---- "The junk science that has led to these policy disasters is the greatest scientific blunder in history" - - - - "At some point in the future we will realize that the fear of climate change was the worst case of mass hysteria the world has ever known".
The whole thing appears to have been invented by Steve Schneider, a brash young physics graduate of the 60's, who was determined to make a name for himself, and chose as his topic "What were humans doing to the climate?" In other words, he invented the fatuous notion that our piddling activities could have an effect on the climate, which strikes me as hubris of the worst kind. Taking advantage of the newly available computer technology, he was able to devise his computer models of climate change, and in 1972 he gave a lecture to the American Association for the Advancement of Science, at which he first advanced his Theory of Global Warming. With amazing rapidity the nonsense spread.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Climatology > Climate Changes
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Rivers
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Rivers