Great Lives: Job Interactive Study Guide Paperback – Mar 31 2004
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the accurate, practical teaching and application of God’s Word and His grace. A pastor at heart, Chuck has served as senior pastor to congregations in Texas, Massachusetts, and California. Since 1998, he has served as the founder and senior pastor-teacher of Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Among the important points Swindoll covers include:
1. Mark of a true friend.
2. Job challenged his accusers at the appropriate time.
3. Like Job, you sometimes have to be direct and blunt with graceless people who do not have a clue.
3. Jesus often suffered false accusations.
4. Sometimes we just have to tune others out and focus on what God says about us and our circumstances (sometimes God has to tell us things we do not want to hear but need to).
5. Integrity is all that matters and 3 things to learn from Job's integrity.
6. Characteristics of a broken heart.
7. Excellent advice for staying young as you age.
8. 7 lessons Job teachers us about God.
In my humble opinion, the person who is most brokenhearted and hopeless will benefit most from the book - the self-sufficient or self-confident need not waste their time (the Bible says a lot about confidence in God instead of self). In other words, readers who need encouragment will be uplifted the most.
Read, enjoy, and be encouraged!
Mr. Swindoll goes over the passages with a fine toothcomb providing modern day examples to explain the underlying lessons of Job. Most people who have read the biblical book find it difficult to accept why God would allow such an extreme experiment especially on a good person. Besides providing obvious insight into Job, Mr. Swindoll offers intriguing insight into the key "characters" who star in this drama and a theory as to why the events occurred. Biblical readers will appreciate this powerful deep look into Job, a man with the fortitude to endure incredibly devilish torture.
So instead I've decided to share what this book has done for me...
My wife and I left LA 6 years ago with our 3 kids and gave our lives to Christ... Our testimony is crazy... We have had so many Mentors and Books that God has put in front of us, and like a sponge we have soaked it all up. We know that God has called us to be Evangelist and we are working hard to do everything we can to be qualified...
My parents sent me this book, and yesterday they sent me Paul, David and said Elijah is on the way. To be honest I've never heard Chuck Swindoll preach and this is the only book I have read of his...
Chuck will take you through each verse in Job, help you understand it visually, and apply it to detailed real life scenarios in his own life. This man has really lived.
The stories are far from boring, some are serious and many are very humorous...
This book is thick and each page is packed full of so much knowledge that I had to read it slowly, just to keep it in...
All I can say is, WOW!
It was this past Superbowl weekend, I walked into the family room and asked my wife, "Why has God abandoned me"... I told her before we moved to Texas that I was going to be crucified this year. Stupid Statment but I felt it coming. I looked back over the past year and I couldn't find anything that was displeasing to God. In fact I was coming closer and closer to God and then finally bam it hit (the life of Job)... I was in the middle of reading this book... It would have been easier to just go back to the old lifestyle... This was the loneliest feeling I have ever felt...Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Bible Study
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Commentaries
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Old Testament
- Books > Christian Living Store > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)