Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure
Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 26, 2017
Really useful.
on May 21, 2015
Recipes are excellent. Binding of the book makes it hard to use in the kitchen.
on August 10, 2002
I just bought my pressure cooker a week or so ago and have been using it in conjunction with this cookbook. Man is it great! The recipes are varied, interesting, tasty and right on target for use with one of these kitchen tools. The author provides all sorts of tips, "lessons learned" and ideas for making up recipes and menus of your own. She is clearly well versed in how to use the pressure cooker. She even gives tips on freezing food if you make a big batch. So far allof the recipes have turned out great which I really appreciate since I had never used a pressure cooker before.
4 people found this helpful
on January 4, 1998
For the pressure cooker novice, this is a very good book with lots of tips to help you feel right at home with the pressure cooker. I have been quite pleased with all the recipes I have tried. The New Mexican Pinto Bean Soup has the taste of all day simmering - in less than 15 minutes!. One word of caution; Some of the recipes are on the spicy (hot) side. For those with a sensitive palate, I suggest that the hot spices be reduced/omitted as the pressure cooker tend to intensify the heat of the spice.
3 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2003
I have had this book for quite some time, and have really enjoyed it. Am searching for another for a friend who just got a pressure cooker - I'm tired of reading recipes to her on the phone! Front and back inside covers have reference pages quick and handy for checking cook times for beans and grains and I refer to them all of the time, since I can't seem to remember them all. I've purchased 2-3 more to give to other friends who are new to pressure cooking (and vegetarianism) and they love them as well. A real find - and I love the hardcover.
4 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2002
I am not a vegetarian, but after the phenomenal success I enjoyed with "The Pressured Cook", I picked up this cookbook. Lorna Sass includes the standards but also tantalizes with new combinations. Every experiment I have tried has been enough to wow my "meat-and-potatoes" husband and co-workers alike. The Vegetarian Paella with artichokes was a big hit at an office pot-luck.
on May 26, 2004
I use an ancient jiggle top cooker and an electric stove and have always had great results with this book. With no mishaps! I agree that the New Mexican Pinto Bean soup is killer. In fact, all the soup recipes are good. And ready in minutes. Another favorite of mine is the Double Sesame Grain Salad. The reference tables inside the covers are very helpful. My only caveat is I found that when I tried to make the homemade coconut milk recipe on p. 19, it seemed to explode and make a mess when I used a regular blender. Using a hand blender, it works brilliantly. I highly recommend this book. You don't even have to be vegan (I'm not even a vegetarian anymore) to enjoy it.
3 people found this helpful
on March 26, 1998
Enfin un livre sur la cuisine végétarienne à la cocotte-minute! Les recettes sont alléchantes et originales. Il y a là tous les conseils techniques nécessaires pour réussir, et de nombreuses variantes. un livre essentiel pour les gens pressés qui ne veulent pas sacrifier leur conviction végé ni le plaisir de manger. Seule restriction: il n'y a pas d'images....
2 people found this helpful
on April 13, 2003
I've made several of the stew recipies and they all came out as expected. Tonight I made a caribbean stew that was delicious (although I'd have a sharp knife for that one...it required pealing and choping a tough root vegetable and a butternut squash.)
on September 25, 2001
Lorna Sass is the queen of pressure cooking. She has some different taste combinations I had not previously experimented with in my cooking, hijiki, kobu, and quinoa to name a few! DELICIOUS and easy to follow recipes.