Great Wall Of China Hardcover – Sep 27 2001
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
Like How Man Wong's recent Exploring the Yangtze ( LJ 4/1/90) and Marc Riboud's Capital of Heaven ( LJ 1/91), this is a photo essay recording the travels of a photographer in contemporary China. In this case, Schwartz has photographed sections of the Great Wall of China and provided a few pages of disjointed thoughts and phrases about his trip. His black-and-white photographs use light and shadow to create interesting, often understated, images, with less concern for showiness or exoticism that is common in the other two books. Besides Schwartz's work, this volume includes Borges's speculative essay "The Wall and the Books" and a four-page history of the wall's construction by Luo Zhenwen. Suitable for collections with an interest in China or photography.
- Kathryn W. Finkelstein, M.Ln., Cincinnati
Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Daniel Schwartz is a contributing editor to du magazine. His other books include Delta: The Perils, Profits and Politics of Water in South and Southeast Asia. Luo Zhewen is one of China's best-known specialists in ancient architecture.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Criticism & Essays > Criticism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Nature & Wildlife
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photo Essays
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photojournalism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Travel > Asia
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Travel > Far East
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Travel
- Books > History > Asia > China
- Books > Travel > Asia > China
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Travel Writing