Greatest Hits Import, Best of, Explicit Lyrics
|Price:||CDN$ 31.91 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Keep Ya Head Up|
|2. 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted|
|4. God Bless The Dead|
|5. Hail Mary|
|6. Me Against The World|
|7. How Do U Want It|
|8. So Many Tears|
|9. Unconditional Love|
See all 12 tracks on this disc
|1. Troublesome 96'|
|2. Brenda's Got A Baby|
|3. I Ain't Mad at Cha - Danny Boy|
|4. I Get Around|
|6. California Love (Original Version)|
|7. Picture Me Rollin'|
|8. How Long Will They Mourn Me?|
|9. Toss It Up|
|10. Dear Mama|
See all 13 tracks on this disc
Japanese Blu-Spec CD pressing of this classic album. The Blue Spec format takes Blu-ray disc technology to create CD's which are compatible with normal CD players but provides ultra high quality sound. Sony. 2009.
An indispensable and definitive collection showcasing the passionate genius of the late rapper. The album's non-chronological sequence highlights the contradictory impulses that made Tupac's music so commanding; the 21 well-loved "hits", some slightly reedited for legal reasons, are accompanied by four previously unheard songs. Of the new material, the raw-sounding "God Bless the Dead" has been the subject of the most speculation, owing to its subject matter: a eulogizing of the late Notorious B.I.G.--a mysterious feat, since Tupac was killed six months before Biggie. And, making its first proper appearance on a Tupac album, the B-side "Hit 'Em Up" stands as the most intense outburst of pure venomous rage ever captured on tape. Whether he's waxing political, philosophical, or just plain paranoid, Tupac's empathetic, charismatic style remains unmatched. --Charley Gothic
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My favorite songs on the CD:
Disk 1 -
1. Keep Ya Head Up - This song is my 2nd favorite on the CD. The song is 2Pac's passion for women who never give up. I love this song and it really expresses 2Pac's good side.
5. Hail Mary - This song is very deep and I love it. You have to think on this one.
6. Me Against the World - I love this song... It's just me against the world baby. ^_^ Totally real. Some of us feel like everyone's against us sometimes.
9. Unconditional Love - My favorite song in the whole album!! -- both CDs. I love this song so much. It's my favorite rap song of all time. 2Pac explains how unconditional love has affected him... The song has a girl in the background sayin' "Ooooh...unconditional love...". I love it. 2Pac's lyrics in this song are tight. "...Watched mama open up her arms to hug me and I ain't worried 'bout a damn thang, with unconditional love." "My mission is to be more than just a rap musician, the elevation of today's generation!, if I could make 'em listen." "Prison ain't what we need. No longer stuck in greed. Time to plan, strategize, my family's gotta eat." "Baby, don't cry, everythang's gonn be alright. Just lay yo head on my shoulder, don't worry 'bout a thing baby girl I'm a soldier. Never treated me bad, no matter who I was. Ya still came with that unconditional love..."
11. Life Goes On - Tight song from 2Pac's 'All Eyez On Me' album. The song is about how 2Pac lost his friend... and how he himself is still livin'.
12. Hit 'Em Up - One of the most controversial songs back in the day... and still may be.Read more ›
Tupac's lyrics were rude and crude?? Yea, because "Dear Mama" is a rude and crude song. As is "Keep Ya Head Up". As is "So Many Tears". And "I Aint Mad At Cha" and "Brendas Got A Baby". In case you havent figured it out yet, I am being very sarcastic.
Tupac spoke of what he knew, and many of his lyrics were about pain and struggle. Yea, he had some hardcore songs too, but that is a part of hip hop. If you dont like it, dont listen. Simple as that. But dont sit here and make irrational generalizations about an artist you probably know little about. Pac was/is one of the greatest songwriters of our time, living or dead.
I wasnt gonna post a review or anything, as anyone who's anyone knows this is a classic album, but alot of ignorant people have been giving this 1 star lately, without warrant, so I had to speak my mind. Dont listn to these idiots.....This album has almost 500 reviews, about 95% of them have given this album 5 stars, and all of them are right . Thats an overwhelming consensus: Because its nothing short of a CLASSIC, as are all of Pac's other albums. "A music from the UK" is a wanker who has no idea what he is talking about.
Most recent customer reviews
♗ bishop leads to the King of Kings Jesus1love Christ Peace LOVES YOUPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love all the songs from the CD from Keep ya Heap Up to It's all About You. I have it on Tape and now I'm going to have it on CD. It's a must have for 2pac fans.Published on July 6 2004 by Y. Cepeda
Making a Pac Greatest Hits album was impossible if limited to two CDs of music.
First of all, this collection focuses mostly on his most popular tracks, as opposed to his BEST... Read more
Great cd.This man had compassion. (well I really don't think he's dead..but that's another story)...His songs are meaningful and at times,heartbreaking. Read morePublished on June 24 2004
This CD is simply amazing. I picked up this album immediately after being briefly introduced to Tupac by a friend a while back. Read morePublished on June 21 2004
25 "Greatest Hits" from the best rapper of all time, what more could you want?Published on June 17 2004 by Jamie Chapman