The Green Machine: Ecology and the Balance of Nature Paperback – Nov 1990
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some readers will be distracted by the dated references to outer space and the cute chapter headings--"Methods for Mission Impossible," etc. Most of the first chapter, Wonder and Anxiety, was a teaching device that seemed to me to take forever to get to the point; other readers less familiar with ecology might find it useful, however.
Bottom line: I'd buy another book from this author. It's always nice to find clear voices in the sciences.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Natural History
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference