- Product Dimensions: 96 x 20 x 22.5 cm ; 2.59 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 Kg
- Item model number: 22122
- ASIN: B0069Z7JV8
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: June 4 2015
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25,025 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
GreenWorks 22122 4 Amp 22-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer with Rotating Handle
- 4 Amp Electric Motor gets the job done efficiently
- 22-Inch dual action steel blade for optimal performance and maneuvering
- 5/8-Inch cutting capacity for controlled, easy trimming of most bushes and hedges
- Innovative rotating rear handle makes it easy to trim at multiple angles
- Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental unplugging
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
22-h, Powerful 4 amp Rotating Handle Hedge Trimmer has Dual Action Blades for more comfort and less vibration. The cushioned over mold grip handle allows for operator comfort. The integrated cord lock helps prevent cord disconnection. The front hand guard provides prevents contact with operators hand and the 3 sided wrap around handle make cutting easier. Lightweight and easy to use.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Here is why I only gave it 4 Stars instead of 5 Stars:
1. It was advertised as cutting 1/2" material but the instruction manual said that it was rated for 3/8" material, which I think is more accurite.
2. It requires an extension cord that has a round female outlet, so I needed to make a short adapter for the multi-female outlet I have on my heavy duty extension cord. TIP: If you make your own adapter cord, make it about 4 feet or longer and slide a section of old garden hose over it before you attach the connector so that you will not be tempted to get the electric cord near the trimmer blades.
3. The cord retainer is not very functional, especially if you use a large amperage extension cord, I just tied a loop around the cord end and never had any problems.
4. There was nothing about lubricating the cutting blades in the instructions, which I find questionable although they did have warnings about not getting oil on any of the plastic components.
5. The motor housing did not even get warm during the time I used it almost continuously on both very hot days.
6. The plastic guard is secured by tiny screws so that is one component that one has to be careful not to break.
7. The rotatable rear handle is very useful although it does take some time to get used to.
8. The trimmer should have come with some plastic/nylon slide on blade protector to slide on during storage.
9. The trimmer should have some way to hang it up built into the rear handle to make storing it easier.
10. I wished they offered a 30" 5 Amp unit as some of my hedges are taller and that would save me making multiple passes.
11. The instructions say that it is has a Limited Four-Year Warranty (instead of 2 years as listed on Amazon) so I feel even better having bought the extended warranty that is good for 2 years AFTER the original warranty expires! (See Photo).
12. The unit came quickly and was in a form fitting carton that was then packed inside a larger carton, so everything was OK upon arrival.
13. The unit is much lighter than my older Little Wonder which made using it much easier, especially as you get tired near the end of the day.
14. The green color is highly visible, which makes it safer to use, and I also ,like the red strip down the center of the blade for the same reason.
Let me introduce you to Devastator. This bad boy cuts just about anything I place in front of it. For the price and what you get is outstanding. So far I've used it three times and each time it has completely devastated any sort of vegetation in its path. It slices through bushes, small tree limbs, some sort of grass looking shrub, and I'm willing to bet it will chew through the electrical cord if I let it.
It's a good buy, good warranty (which I have not had to use), pretty light in weight, and preforms as expected. Two thumbs up from this reviewer.
Remember to wear glasses and long pants. Gloves can help reduce vibrations.