Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
How the Grinch Stole Christmas / Horton Hears a Who (Full Screen) [Import]
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Every Who down in Who-ville likes Christmas a lot & ; But the Grinch who lived just north of Whoville did NOT! So the cuddly as a cactus Grinch (with termites in his smile and garlic in his soul) tries to wipe out Christmas for the cheerful Who-villians, only to discover: Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more! Magnificently narrated by Boris Karloff and animated by cartoon legend Chuck Jones, it's an award-winning Who-roast-beast-feast of a holiday classic!
This all-time classic now has Horton Hears a Who! on the same video for a great double bill.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
To heck with the kids--this is one of the best holiday presents you can give yourself. Adapted from the children's book by Dr. Seuss, this charming story is one to watch every holiday season. It is just edgy enough to help you forget the more cloying aspects of Christmas, yet it is also sweet enough to remind you of the reason for all that holiday cheer. Animation genius Chuck Jones directed this 1966 television production featuring the voice of Boris Karloff as the mean greenie. Bitter and selfish, the Grinch decides to steal Christmas away from the Whos, the sweet little folk who live at the bottom of his mountain home. When little Cindy Loo Who returns his hateful act with kindness, she melts the old miser's heart. There are many reasons to watch this: inventive wordplay, Karloff's impressive narration, and a very memorable soundtrack. --Rochelle O'Gorman
Horton Hears a Who!
Chuck Jones was chief animator on this lively adaptation of the famous book by Dr. Seuss. The story of a friendly elephant named Horton who discovers--deep inside a daisy--a tiny city called Whoville with tiny, intelligent residents--this film (fleshed out a bit from the source) is strong on character and has striking, appealing visuals. The little folks of Whoville, with their natural air of aristocracy, are a kick, and when they come to see Horton as a hero for his democratic view of all life big and small, the effect is quite touching. This should be a real treat for kids already familiar with the book, and just might inspire those who haven't read it to pick it up. --Tom Keogh
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
These aren't the official classics but a few on here are classics. I'd recommend purchasing the other holiday classics sets.
This set has;
Grinch (Deluxe)(original Dr Suess classic)
Leprechauns Christmas Gold
The Stingiest Man In Town
The Year Without A Santa Claus(Deluxe)(original Rankin/bass classic)
Rudolph's Shiny New Year(the original Rankin/bass classic)
Nestor, The Long Eared Christmas Donkey
Frostys Winter Wonderland.
Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Frostys Christmas In July (not listed on the box anywhere but Included.)
The Other Set;
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (original Rankin/bass classic)
Cricket on the Hearth
Frosty the Snowman (original Rankin/bass classic)
Frosty Returns (original Rankin/bass classic)
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (original Rankin/bass classic)
Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol
The Little Drummer Boy
Hope I've cleared up some confusion. Have Fun. I have both for my Christmas collection.
If you own the DVD and have your doubts (some reviewers seem to), try this: Take a look at the documentary extra hosted by Troy McClure. Throughout the documentary, they run clips of the Grinch in the background where the color is RIGHT! A beautiful bright-green Grinch--just like you remember. Compare that to the main feature (the thing you actually paid for), where he is washed out and nearly yellow.
After living 15 years in Denmark I really came to miss some of the Christmas specials from my youth in the USA. I suppose anybody in the US with cable gets quite sick of these, but for me, the Grinch and Charlie Brown's Christmas were always an important part of building the Christmas spirit. Well, the spirit here seems to be all about greed and incompetence; sell the defective version this year, then sell the corrected version to the same people next year.
Most recent customer reviews
Purchased for my family so we can start a new Christmas tradition of watching the movies.Published 21 months ago by bunneebee
Bought it for the Grinch and other classics I may not have seen before. Not a great listing of what's on the discs so here you go: Disc 1: Dr. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Lbobs
We've enjoyed this DVD set many times if you like Christmas you'll love this DVD combo pack. Highly recommend both seller and product.Published on April 9 2013 by Guy Misener
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Characters & Series > Dr. Seuss
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Holidays
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies fantastiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Comédie
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction
- Movies & TV > En français > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction > Fantastique
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 10-12 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 3-6 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 7-9 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Adapted from Books
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Dr. Seuss
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Family Films
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Classics
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Kids' Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy