Guidance for Healthcare Ethics Committees Paperback – Aug 27 2012
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Every accredited American hospital is required to have a mechanism for handling ethical concerns; most hospitals satisfy this requirement by constituting an institutional healthcare ethics committee, a pattern repeated in most western countries. This text provides definitive, comprehensive guidance for members of healthcare ethics committees confronted with ethically challenging situations.
About the Author
D. Micah Hester is Chief of the Division of Medical Humanities and Associate Professor of Medical Humanities/Pediatrics, University of Arkansas, and Clinical Ethicist, Arkansas Children's Hospital, Little Rock, AR, USA.
Toby Schonfeld is Associate Professor of Medicine at Emory University and Director of the Masters of Arts in Bioethics Program, Center for Ethics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Forensic Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Medical Ethics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Medical Ethics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Forensic Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Ethics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Forensic Medicine