- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
A Guide to the Birds of Western Africa Hardcover – Feb 24 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Winner of the 2002 Best Bird Book - Africa, Worldtwitch
"This is surely the definitive handbook and guide to identification of Western Africa's birds, and is highly recommended for everyone from professional ornithologists to birders and armchair naturalists."--Wildlife Activist
"This is now the must-have reference for anyone interested in the birds of western Africa. . . . [It] is indispensable to any bird watcher visiting in the region."--Eirik A. T. Blom, Bird Watcher's Digest
"Invaluable for serious birders and scientists working in or visiting the area. It would also make an excellent addition to a collection of field guides for home or office use."--Condor
"Anyone with an interest in West African birds will want to own this book. We have been waiting for some considerable time for someone to produce a modern guide to West African birds, so Nik Borrow and Ron Demey are to be congratulated for completing the task admirably. . . . [A] splendid achievement."--Stephen Rumsey, British Birds
From the Inside Flap
"This book is a comprehensive and practical guide to all the species of birds occurring in western Africa. It will become the standard identification guide, and will be useful to anyone interested in African wildlife, to biologists, to tourists wanting to know the identity of birds that they have seen in West Africa, and as a general reference to the region's birds." (Robert A. Cheke, author of Sunbirds)See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Regional > Africa
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference