- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Guided Mindfulness Meditation Series 3 Audio CD – Audiobook, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, is the founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and associate professor of medicine in the Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. His clinic was featured in 1993 in the public television series Healing and the Mind with Bill Moyers. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of Wherever You Go, There You Are and Full-Catastrophe Living: Using Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I start out a session with a great deal of effort. But as time passes, I can stay with it because I want to stay with it. Intent is everything. At the end, I'm not chomping at the bit to stop. With my eyes closed, I stay with it a little longer. That might be the best part of it. When its time to do another round, I bring to mind that it gets better as it goes along moment by moment by moment. Jon has meditations of various lengths. If you want to meditate longer, a new one will start after the chimes. Life is a series of stresses; that won't change. What will change is your ability to deal with them -- but it will take longer than day or two. It might be what you do the rest of your life.
Before you part with the money, you might want find out what these CD's are all about. I can't say I blame you. Your search of his name will show some YouTube videos of his talks. I'm quite familiar with this one delivered to an audience of programmers, engineers, and scientists at google. (Google must be a great place to work to encourage employees to step away from their work stations and listen to a pitch on a topic quite different from their work. Or, is it?) It's a talk, followed by a guided mediation.
This is not the sort of exercise in which it is desirable that you need to fully understand. That's a needless distraction. Maybe that will come later. So, park your skepticism at the door. Become passive for once in your life and take that leap of faith that this is a good thing to do. After all, it's been around thousands of years. Be satisfied in the knowledge or even the assumption that this has helped millions.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Relaxation & Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Nonfiction
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Stress Management
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation