The Guru in You: A Personalized Program for Rejuvenating Your Body and Soul Paperback – Jan 3 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Yogi Cameron is a wonderful teacher who can help all of us make conscious choices about our health and well-being.” (Tal Ronnen, author of The Conscious Cook)
“The Guru in You will gently guide you to a more conscious and meaningful life. I am impressed and inspired by Cameron’s profound wisdom. He’ll teach you how to lead a nourishing life by making wellness part of the superstar you truly are.” (Kris Carr, best-selling author, founder of crazysexylife.com)
“The young Cameron Alborzian who came to train to become a yoga instructor at the NY Integral Yoga Institute has evolved into a master teacher of yoga and Ayurveda. His story of the journey is informative and fascinating.” (Coline Kali Morse, Director Teacher Training Programs, NY Integral Yoga Institute)
“Cameron’s journey has brought him down many paths, but the path that he has chosen, and the path that he walks is truly one that is spiritually elevating. This book and his life’s work is a map of the journey.” (Djimon Hounsou, actor)
“[A]n effective, brief introduction to yogic practice for the contemporary reader.” (Library Journal)
“Now, in his most recent incarnation as author of The Guru in You, the famously chiseled yogi helps readers curb the excess that can lead to suffering, not to mention unwanted pounds.” (Vogue.com)
“Designed to fit into everyday life, the tools in this book help create change and allow readers to find their own paths. With personal stories and advice as well as photographs and exercises, this book offers readers the chance to discover their own healing potential.” (Taste for Life)
From the Back Cover
The Guru in You invites you to embark on a journey to reconnect with your body and discover its natural ability to heal. The easy-to-follow program, guiding you to better health and happiness, offers diet, supplements, breathing exercises, and yoga tailored just for you.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Thank you. Cameron
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book consists of four parts:
Part One: The Path consists of
* The Material World and
* Setting Your Intention.
Part Two: The Foundation consists of
* The Practice of Nonviolence (kindness toward ourselves and others),
* The Practice of Detachment (Allowing what nature intends for us), and
* Letting Go of Excess (Knowing when enough is enough).
Part Three: Expression consists of
* Posture Practice and the Pursuit of Inner Beauty,
* The Breath,
* Living the Ayurveda Way, and
* Practices for Building Awareness.
Part Four: Union describes
* how to put is all into practice - with clear examples showing how the above theory and postures and holistic way of healing could be made part of life, followed by an Appendix of case-study examples.
The book is succinct and well-written. It reads like a friendly conversation, but it is still substantial and makes you introspect. The exercises are described in an audience-friendly manner and with corresponding photographs. There are well-drawn examples to accompany each new aspect of the pose/breathing/following the foundational practices. Cameron has sprinkled the book with personal anecdotes as well as his sense of humor and has presented the book in a humble manner that makes it even more accessible for anyone.
My personal experience with the book: From just following the sections on The Practice of Nonviolence (kindness toward ourselves and others) and The Practice of Detachment (Allowing what nature intends for us) alone - neither are what they seem at first and have much wider reach than just what goes into your diet, etc., I have achieved transformations which have brought a greater degree of peace and grace in my life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Yoga
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation