HP Envy 4500 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
- RAM / Total Installed Size:32 MB
- Printer Technology:Thermal Inkjet
- Duplex Printout:Automatic
- Printer Interface:USB 2.0 IEEE 802.11n
- Printer Output:Color
- EPEAT Level:null
- Energy Star Compliant:null
There is a newer model of this item:
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
- Media: Office Product
- Item Quantity: 1
Amazon.ca Product Description
HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
From the Manufacturer
This e-all-in-one offers affordable printing from virtually anywhere. Produce borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC.
From the Manufacturer
- Up to 8.8 ppm black
- Up to 5.2 ppm color
- 25 to 400% copy reduce/enlarge
- Up to 1200 ppi scan resolution
- Width x Depth x Height: 17.52 x 13.17 x 5.04 inches
HP ENVY 4500 All-in-One Printer
Print affordably from wherever life takes you
Produce borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC.
- Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC, and scan directly to your mobile device
- Both sides of savings—save time and paper with automatic two-sided printing
- Inspire life with every print—HP Printables deliver news, fun, and savings directly to your printer
This product has
Wireless printing: Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless.
HP Auto Wireless Connect: Quickly and easily connect to your existing wireless network.
Wireless direct: Send print jobs quickly and efficiently—wirelessly without a network.
Easy mobile printing: Print straight from your smartphone or tablet in just a few simple steps.
Borderless printing: Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
Scan to email: Scan and send digital files directly to email.
Automatic 2-sided printing: Save paper and time using fast automatic 2-sided printing.
HP Printables: Your printer delivers fun activities, news, savings and more—for free.
HP All-in-One Printer Remote: Always have your printer on hand--scan directly to your mobile device.
ENERGY STAR: Save energy with this ENERGY STAR printer.
Compact size: The compact design takes up little space.
- Print speed black ISO laser comparable: Up to 8.8 ppm.
- Print speed black draft: Up to 21 ppm.
- Print speed color ISO laser comparable: Up to 5.2 ppm.
- Print speed color draft: Up to 17 ppm.
- Recommended monthly page volume: 100 to 400 pages.
- Paper handling input, standard: 100-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard: 30-sheet output tray
- Scanner type: Flatbed
- Scan resolution, optical: 1200 ppi
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25%−400%
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week phone support.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
HP has set this printer up to use as much ink as possible. You can't change the settings to select draft mode as a saved setting; when you install your ink a huge pop up comes up on your screen, further delaying your ability to continue work after having to spend 5 minutes doing the ridiculous alignment. The pop up thanks you for using HP products and encourages you to sign up on their website with all your info so they can further tick you off with more invasive messages in your life.
If you want to be able to just get your print jobs done quickly and get on with your work, this is not the printer for you. Bloatware is more fun than dealing with this printer. I'm in the market for new hardware (tablet, laptop) and I specifically will avoid HP products now because of this cheap printer.
Two months later I take it out, and now it can't print a single page without cutting off the tops from various lines of text. I tried everything in HP's troubleshooting article and their support software and my color ink cartridge is down to 75% just from printing test and alignment pages. I finally fixed it by switching from Normal to Best printing mode (a Windows setting). Now it no longer cuts lines in half. Instead it gets halfway through every 2nd or 3rd page then just stops printing and spits the paper out with the bottom half blank. I have to carefully inspect every page that comes out of it.
I'm just about ready to take a baseball bat to this thing, Office Space style.
1. The printer isn't loud enough to distract you from your work and is quick to print as soon as you deliver the order from your laptop (wifi-tested).
2. The ink is usually a hassle to change and required a few tries to get it perfectly in.
3. Scanning and printing works well, and although they aren't lightning fast, they do get the job done.
4. The price is great for what you get.
Why didn't this printer get the full 5 stars? After a few months (6-8) I started noticing a whining noise coming from it whenever it was plugged into the electricity. This isn't just a whining noise you can ignore, especially if the printer is right next to your desk. I have yet to contact the supplier about it, but if you're looking to replace a printer for the same issue, it might be worthwhile to look elsewhere. Otherwise, this printer has done its job.
Most recent customer reviews
This comment is related to the 4502 in the HP Envy series of printers. Worst buying error ever. Piece of junk. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to call for support. Read morePublished 2 months ago by JenW
Works great for what I need it for. I have a black and white laser printer in the office and this printer in the bedroom. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Sonia
fast shipping. Comes with ink. sometimes the bluetooth connexion is strugling and the preinter dosen't come with an usb wire...Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent price for the this great product!! No problems in setting it up prints well very happy with the productPublished 8 months ago by Jay K
Nice little printer, wasn't that crazy about instant ink or what ever they call it as I print 2-3 pages a week so a cartridge should last about a year or more, so I opted out.Published 8 months ago by Jane