HPLC of Peptides and Proteins: Methods and Protocols Hardcover – Dec 15 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...a showcase of state-of-the-art methodologies in the application of HPLC to protein/peptide studies...can be used by beginners and intermediate experts in this field to develop separation and analytical protocols...all scientists dealing with peptides and proteins can benefit from reading this book." - Proteomics
"...this book is well written...a very usable laboratory companion or reference guide for researchers in pursuit of peptide and protein characterizations." - Biomedical Chromatography
From the Back Cover
High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) plays a critical role today in both our understanding of biological processes and in the development of peptide and protein-based pharmaceuticals. In HPLC of Peptides and Proteins: Methods and Protocols, leading experts from academia and industry comprehensively describe how to successfully perform all the critical HPLC techniques needed for the analysis of peptides and proteins. The methods range from commonly used techniques to those for capillary to large-scale preparative isolation. The authors have also presented a number of specific applications as case studies to illustrate the analytical approaches to a particular separation or assay challenge, with examples drawn from contemporary fields in biochemistry and biotechnology. These applications include proteolytic mapping, posttranslational modification, neuropeptide processing, glycopeptides and glycoproteins, MHC-binding peptides, toxins/venoms, membrane proteins, antibodies, combinatorial and proteome analysis, and enzymatic activity. Each readily reproducible protocol contains background notes, step-by-step instructions, reagent and equipment lists, and tips on both troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and easy-to-follow, HPLC of Peptides and Proteins: Methods and Protocols offers every biologist and biotechnologist at all levels of expertise ready access to the powerful tools needed to develop and carry out peptide and protein separations and analyses today.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Microbiology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biochemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Chromatography
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Molecular Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Microbiology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Microbiology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry