- Paperback: 482 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2 edition (Dec 4 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1481138502
- ISBN-13: 978-1481138505
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2.8 x 25.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,165,843 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
HTML5 for Masterminds, 2nd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create amazing websites and revolutionary applications Paperback – Dec 4 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
2. It's very focused. You won't be distracted with anecdotes and jokes: to the contrary, every word is targeted at teaching you precisely what you need to know.
3. It's sparingly written - which means the author manages to cover a huge amount of material in less than 500 pages.
E.g. the paragraph on radial gradients in CSS will tell you that the syntax takes a parameter for the shape and that the first parameter determines the starting position of the gradient expressed in pixels, etc ... but from there on it's up to you to try it out yourself. In other words, the author will tell you precisely what you need to know ... but it's then up to you to put that knowledge into practice and to experiment so as to
4. It's very comprehensive.
5. It's accurate. I've not yet found any errors or typos.
6. It's clearly written and easy to understand (even when the topics are technically difficult).
It's important to note that this is NOT an elementary "build your first website" book, and is probably not well suited to someone who isn't technical and who hasn't done at least basic website development or programming.
However, it's the perfect book for someone who learned HTML long ago or who is familiar with back-end technologies and who now wants to quickly and thoroughly learn to implement the latest and best front-end technologies.
My technical co-founder and I both bought a copy and have been working through it at the same pace. In just a couple of weeks - reading and then implementing every exercise - the book has transformed our web applications!
Overall, this book is rather like an instruction manual that explains the operations of a very complex piece of equipment. It won't teach you to build a website or a web application if you start from nothing. However, if you already have the basics, and if you know what you want to build, then this book will very thoroughly teach you how to use the tools you will need to achieve anything!
I wish he would write an HTML5, CSS3, and JQUERY book. That would be awesome.
P.S. I am not affiliated with the author in any way.