- Product Dimensions: 40.6 x 30.5 x 10.2 cm ; 6.35 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 7.8 Kg
- Item model number: G17
- ASIN: B0045V32RI
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Nov. 1 2011
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #72,388 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
HY-C G17 G-Series Franklin Style Cast Iron Fireplace Grate, 17 Inch
- One piece cast iron flat bottom style fireplace grate with 12" depth for use in small fireplaces and franklin Stoves
- Designed to safely contain firewood
- 2" cast-on legs
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Color Name: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
One piece cast flat bottom style fireplace grate with 9" or 12" depth and 2" cast on legs. For use in small fireplaces and Franklin Stoves. FW: 17". BW: 12-1/2". Depth: 12". Height: 5". Weight: 15 lbs.
From the manufacturer
Know Your Fireplace
Zero Clearance Fireplace
- Fireplace opening may have metal grills on top and bottom
- Typically have inside fit glass doors
- Chimney exterior or chase typically constructed of siding to match house
- Top of chase has round metal chimney pipe or square metal cover visible
Open Masonry Fireplace
- Fireplace opening has no metal within the opening
- Glass doors, if present, typically overlap opening
- Chimney exterior typically constructed of brick
- Top of brick chimney has square or rectangular flue tile or cap
Steps for Buying a Fireplace Grate
- If you have a zero clearance fireplace, measure your existing grate or refer to the owner’s manual for appropriate grate dimensions. For your safety, do not follow the measuring instructions below. Improperly sizing your grate may harm your appliance and may increase your risk of a fire.
- If you have a masonry fireplace, measure the firebox following the instructions below.
- Determine the necessary clearance from the bottom of the grate. If you have a log lighter in your fireplace, measure the height of the log lighter to ensure the fireplace grate will sit over it.
How to Measure For A Fireplace Grate?
- Measure the front width of your firebox
- Measure the back width of your firebox
- Measure the depth of your firebox
- Subtract 6 inches from each measurement to determine the grate size needed
Leaving a 3 inch clearance on each side of grate allows your firebox to have the proper function and airflow. If your grate is too small, there will be too much air flow leading to faster burn times. If your grate is too big, the fire may damage the walls of your firebox.
|HY-C Liberty Foundry Heavy-Duty Steel Fireplace Grate with Ember Retainer||HY-C Liberty Foundry Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Fireplace Grate||HY-C Liberty Foundry Self-Feeding Cast Iron Fireplace Grate|
|Type of Grate||Heavy-Duty Steel Bar||Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||Self Feeding Cast Iron|
|Suitable Fuel||Wood||Wood / Coal||Wood / Coal|
|Features||Longer lasting 5/8" solid steel bar construction. Steel bar ratio gives an even heat distribution and better durability. Ember retainer helps fire burn hotter and more efficiently.||Designed with small gaps on the bottom to allow coal or wood chunks to stay on the grate longer, burning more completely.||Designed with small gaps on the bottom to allow coal or wood chunks to stay on the grate longer, burning more completely. Self-feeding design ensures firewood and hot embers are collected in the center of the grate.|
HY-C people are passionate and committed to high performance. We are here to provide safety, security and sustainable living products to improve your life and the life of your home.
HY-C has been protecting homes and families since 1947 with home improvement products including chimney covers, stove boards, firewood management solutions, nuisance wildlife control screens, and cast iron fireplace accessories. Recent additions to the lineup include the LintEater and SootEater dryer vent and chimney cleaning products. The Magic Heat heat reclaimer and Flame Genie pellet fire pit also have recently joined the HY-C family.
Because we manufacture almost all of our products here in the United States, our customers are not waiting for containers that are ‘on the water.’ We provide what you need when you need it.
Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com