Handbook of the Biology of Aging Hardcover – Jan 1990
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...This wonderful book remains a leading standard in the field." -- DOODY PUBLICATIONS
"The Fifth Edition... continues the tradition of providing a comprehensive overview of some of the most important topics biomedical gerontology." -- NEWSLETTER OF THE ASSOCATION FOR GERONTOLOGY IN HIGHER EDUCATION
Praise for the previous edition:
"Many of the chapters provide outstanding coverage of their subject areas..." -- The Gerontologist --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
TheFifth Editionof theHandbook of the Biology of Agingcontinues the tradition of providing a comprehensive overview of some of the most important topics in biomedical gerontology. Beginning with an introduction to concepts and theories of aging, the book is then divided into three main sections covering cellular processes in organismic aging, systemic factors in organismic aging, and models of retarded aging. The book closes with a look at the future of biomedical research as it relates to aging, health, and longevity.
TheHandbookwill be of interest to biologists involved in aging research, gerontologists, medical researchers, psychologists, sociologists, and practitioners dealing with an aging population.
* opens with a broad introduction to theories and concepts of aging
* provides new insight into the cellular and systemic aspects of aging
* features new chapters on cellular proliferation, apoptosis, and environment-gene interactions --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Geriatrics
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology > Developmental Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Geriatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Geriatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Anatomy & Physiology