Handbook of the Birds of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa: The Birds of the Western Palearctic Volume VIII: Crows to Finches Hardcover – May 1 1990
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'There is something both for the professional scientist and for the keen amateur eager to progress beyond the limitations of the generally available field guides... The colour plates by the cream of Britain's bird artists are of first-class quality.' David Jobbins, ornithologist and assistant editor of The THES (The Times Higher), November 4, 1994.
'The plates in these two volumes are among the best in the whole series ... it is a magnificent work.' David Tomlinson, New Scientist, December 1994
'it is a magnificent work' New Scientist
`To say it is a landmark in modern ornithology is probably an understatement. If you are serious about birdwatching but haven't yet got the set, then get it.' Hampshire Ornithological Society
`I wholeheartedly recommend these two volumes, with their wealth of information. even without the rest of the set. I cannot recommend it more highly than by stating that it is the most-used reference in the RSPB library.' Ian Dawson, World Birdwatch 17.1
`The quality of the plates is also outstanding, especially those of the finches by Hilary Burns and Chris Rose in Volume 8 and of the buntings by Trevor Boyer and Iam Lewington in volume 9.' Patrick Y. Bergkamp, University of Amsterdam, Bull. B.O.C. 1995 115 (1)
`this is a reference work, not something to dip into when you have an idle moment ... it is a magnificent work' David Tomlinson, New Scientist
`It is still my first reference point if I need to bone up on a species for professional or leisure interest. With the completion of the nine-volume work, it can only now function as it was intended: a truly complete reference guide.' Oran O'Sullivan, British Birds, vol. 88, no. 6, June 1995
From the Publisher
39 pp colour plates, maps and figuresSee all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Law
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Ornithology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Regional > Africa
- Books > Textbooks > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Botany
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Zoology