Handbook Of Hatches Pb Paperback – Feb 1987
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The other helpful point from this book is the idea that basic pattern designs should be chosen to match water conditions, not specific hatches. For example, Catskill flies for rough water, Comparadun style for smooth water, Parachute style for water in between. This is in contrast to selecting pattern designs for specific bugs (e.g. comparadun for a BWO).
The true value of this book is the focused clarity on selecting and tying patterns for a simplified fly box. I think this book will be useful for beginners confused by the vast array of available patterns, and for more advanced anglers looking for clarity and simplicity in their pattern selections.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Living on the Land > Hunting & Fishing > Fishing > Fly Fishing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hunting & Fishing > Fishing > Fly Fishing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Reference
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Fishing