Harvest Moon Live
|Price:||CDN$ 8.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Unknown Legend|
|2. From Hank To Hendrix|
|3. You And Me|
|4. Harvest Moon|
|5. War Of Man|
|6. One Of These Days|
|7. Such A Woman|
|8. Old King|
|9. Dreamin' Man|
|10. Natural Beauty|
Certified Multi Platinum (2 times)by the RIAA. (6/94)
When Neil Young seems about to zig, he zags. Two years after 1990's loud Ragged Glory, he retreats to an old world of steel guitars, gentle folk melodies, and pristine country choruses. (That's Linda Ronstadt, who helped make 1972's Harvest a hit album, singing backup on the follow-up.) Young name-drops Hank Williams, Jimi Hendrix, and his old dog, King, in rich reminiscences about the musical ride he and his fans have shared since the late '60s. The album, as Young sings in "One of These Days," is "a long letter to all the good friends I've known." --Steve Knopper
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I absolutely love this work. I keep waiting for him to come out with something that is similar. I know he will. It is soft, melodic, wonderful. Everyone, not just Neil fans, will love this one.
Do yourself the favor, if there is one Neil album that you should buy it is this one.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's his best work, but it's one of his most accessible works, and a good entry point for anyone wishing to familiarize themselves with Neil's acoustic side.
"Harvest Moon" is the logical successor to Young's early 70's breakthrough release "Harvest". The latter was a massive success in its day ('Heart of Gold' is his biggest song to date; you can hear it on literally every rock station). It was characterized by a mostly folk approach, blended with country and rock and roll sounds. This album is much the same, not only in the approach to sound, but with lyrics as well.
This albu takes a very similar appraoch. The instrumentation is fairly simple, almost purely acoustic and without too many extraneous overdubs. It also features the most heart-felt and honest lyrics of any NY album i've heard. He reflects on rural, simplistic idealisms, revealing a man with a passion for a lifestyle that the average rocker would find incredibly boring. Then again, he's far from average. The guy never makes the same album twice in a row.
With numerous guests, as well as the good ol' reliable Crazy Horse fellows providing that extra little bit of flavor to the music, it's hard to beat. I can listen to it anytime, because it's an album that is not only pleasant to the ears, but provides a sort of message; that life doesn't have to be so fast-paced, always moving and never looking back. This album shows that there is heart to be found in the sweetest (and sometimes the bitterest) of memories.
Most recent customer reviews
Perfect. Shipped quickly and the item was as described. Love all the tracks on this cd. Thanks Neil!!Published 6 months ago by ashleigh
My personal opinion, the best cd ever produced, expect for Old King. That song does not fit with the rest of the cd.Published 7 months ago by Raymond
I expected a vinyl record, not a cd, so I was disappointed.Published on Sept. 8 2014 by Heather Hutchinson
It strikes me that Harvest Moon is clearly a hearkening back to Harvest, released some 20 years earlier. As such, it (unfortunately) begs to be reviewed by comparison.... Read morePublished on March 23 2008 by E. Haensel
Look for similar items by category
- Music > Alternative Rock > Canadian > Alternative Styles > Rock
- Music > Alternative Rock > Canadian > Singer-Songwriters
- Music > Canadian Music
- Music > Classic Rock > Album-Oriented Rock (AOR)
- Music > Classic Rock > Folk Rock
- Music > Classic Rock > Live Albums
- Music > Country > Canadian > Alt-Country
- Music > Folk > Canadian > Contemporary Folk
- Music > Folk > Canadian > Folk Rock
- Music > Folk > Canadian > Singer-Songwriter
- Music > Folk > Folk Rock
- Music > Folk > Live Albums > Folk Rock
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Canadian
- Music > Pop > Singer-Songwriters
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Classic Rock
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Country Rock
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Hard Rock & Metal
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Rock Guitarists
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Roots Rock
- Music > Rock > Canadian Rock > Singer-Songwriters
- Music > Rock > Country Rock
- Music > Rock > Live Albums > Classic Rock
- Music > Rock > Live Albums > Folk Rock
- Music > Rock > Live Albums > Singer-Songwriters
- Music > Rock > Singer-Songwriters