- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
And in Health: A Guide for Couples Facing Cancer Together Paperback – May 14 2013
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Shapiro is a triple threat: a psychologist who has been both a cancer patient and the spouse of a patient. He brings these perspectives to this terrifically helpful book that will assist couples as they face the challenges of serious illness. Lucid, practical, and informed by research and interviews with patients and their spouses, Shapiro provides a blueprint for managing the illness and succeeding as a couple.”—Andrew Weil, MD, author of 8 Weeks to Optimum Health and Spontaneous Happiness
"A go-to manual for any couple facing a cancer diagnosis. Dan Shapiro provides critical tools, strategies, and compassionate reassurance to help couples manage the challenges of a cancer experience as a team, and strengthen their relationship in the process. Shapiro has experienced these issues inside and out as a medical professional, cancer survivor, and caregiver, and he delivers his hard-earned wisdom in an easy, pragmatic and humorous style."—Heidi Adams, President and CEO, Critical Mass Young Adult Cancer Alliance
About the Author
Dan Shapiro, PhD, is the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Professor of Medical Humanism and the Chair of the Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine. He earned his PhD in clinical psychology at the University of Florida and went on to Harvard Medical School, where he completed his fellowship in medical crisis interventions. Shapiro is the author of Mom's Marijuana, about his personal cancer experience, and Delivering Doctor Amelia, on his psychological treatment of a physician.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Cancer
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Marriage & Family
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Caregiving