- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 15.2 x 15.2 cm
- Shipping Weight: 816 g
- Item model number: 91140
- ASIN: B000F5BT3W
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Aug. 7 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #140,306 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
Healthy Ponds 91140 Aquasphere Pro Pond Treatment, Treats up to 250,000 Gallons
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Treatment system for larger ponds. The 6in. disposable/recyclable plastic sphere is preloaded with a natural bacteria and enzyme blend, designed to treat the real problem of ponds and lakes excess nutrients. Patented time-release system meters daily doses of bacteria and enzymes that help keep sludge and algae blooms in check. Safe for pets, fish and plants. Environmentally Friendly Yes, Includes qty. 1 Sphere, Treatment Capacity gal. 250,000, Material Type Plastic sphere filled w/enzymes and bacteria, Treatment Period Treats up to 30 days, Compatible With Large ponds.
From the manufacturer
All-Natural Water Treatment Products
Healthy Ponds products have delivered solutions to water problems for more than a decade.
Our 'green' products use naturally occurring bacteria and enzymes with a patented release process, to supply a constant 24/7 application for water clarity and water health.
Our natural products are safe for plants, animals (including fish and pets) and humans.
Designed to prevent pond issues before they arise, the AquaSpherePRO is hassle-free. Simply toss the sphere into your pond.
The AquaSpherePRO works by consuming the excess nutrients in the pond, eliminating unwanted organic matter and preventing pond issues which can arise at any time. If the nutrients are not available, the growth is unable to develop. AquaSpherePRO will not hurt plants, animals, or humans.
Remember to add a new sphere to your pond every 30 days to continue to treat throughout the pond season (water temperatures from 50 degrees and above). It’s impossible to over-treat water, but under-treating may not yield the desired results.
Directions for Use:
- To calculate pond volume in gallons, multiply length x width x average depth x 7.5.
- The AquaSphere should not be opened. It is filled with beneficial bacteria packets that will swell up with gel and incubate bacteria growth so it bacteria can be released consistently into water features. The packets within the AquaSphere are contained inside a water-soluble bag that will disintegrate once it comes in contact with pond water. The AquaSphere is disposable and needs to be replaced every 30 days. There are no refills for this product.
- You should not allow the AquaSphere to get wet prior to deployment. Bacteria packets within the dispenser will react immediately when coming into contact with water and release activated bacteria. There may be some material left in the dispenser at the end of 30 days. This is normal. Discard the remaining product, as it is inert. The plastic may be recycled.
- This AquaSphere is designed for use in water temperatures 50 degrees or warmer. For best results, place your AquaSphere in a central location in your pond. Since the AquaSphere won’t float after it’s exposed to the water, you may wish to anchor it and tie it off to the shoreline for easy retrieval.
Microbial treatment in ponds with low oxygen levels, high water stagnation (no aeration), with high levels of organic matter and containing high levels of fish populations run a risk of initiating fish death due to low water oxygen levels. It is recommended that ponds stocked with fish be tested for oxygen levels as well as having a source of aeration in the pond prior to treatment with anti-microbials.
In addition to our pond care products, we offer all natural products for a variety of other applications, including bird baths, fountains, rain barrels, stock tanks, fish tanks and aquariums.
Microbial and Pond Water facts:
- Treatment with microbials requires oxygen to establish bioremediation.
- Microbial treatments will reduce the water oxygen levels as the bioremediation occurs.
- Bioverse’s microbial products are natural, safe, and effective for fish if all ponds as there is enough oxygen for all the fish contained in that pond.
- Ponds with high fish levels should have mechanical aeration systems in place as treatment is started for improved results.
- Ponds with low oxygen levels should be treated with a water oxygenator prior to microbial application.
- Low oxygen levels will produce localized fish death in any pond.
- High heat will decrease the oxygen levels in ponds (as water temperatures increase the oxygen levels will decrease).
- Ponds overstocked with fish will have lower oxygen levels than a pond that has no fish.
- Excess amounts of organic debris will lower water oxygen levels.
- Shallow ponds will always have lower water oxygen levels than ponds that are deeper.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I see people complaining about price. Well...200-300/year to clean your pond...not that bad. Or buy bigger when on sale, and use less.
(approximately 20 ac). Half of the water shed is forested the other half horse pasture. So there is a bit of nitrogen input to the pond. I had a green cloudy pond soon after the pond was filled. I tried copper sulfate based treatment without any improvement except the cloudy green was cloudy blue. I intoduce water plants to increase oxygen. To control misquotes I introduce gold fish (2 dozen from Walmart), but I could never see them. After about 3 yrs of chemicals without any improvement I tried Healthy Pond. I use 6 applications, 1 per month starting in April. At the end of the first year I saw my first goldfish in shallow water. After 4 years I have a clear pond to with visibility to about 5 ft. Water plants are aboundant, 100’s of gold fish, and I have yet to see a misquote larvae. The price is a bit on the high side, but it seemed to work.
My pond is pretty small, has a natural clay bottom, and is surrounded by trees. It is a prime example of how disgusting a small body of water can get from all the leaves, sticks, etc., that end up in it. Algae will completely cover the top and the water (when you can see it) is disgusting. Only frogs and snails live in it. Yuck.
With the AquaSpherePRO and Blast, the algae pretty much disappears. Other plants grow, the water is clear and I even have had fish show up!
A little overpriced, especially when it needs to be replaced every month. Actually, I usually let it go for two months and I am fine. A little cheaper and/or lasting for a lot longer and I would have gone for 5 stars.