- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Ballantine Books; Revised edition edition (April 12 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0449004023
- ISBN-13: 978-0449004029
- Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 2.8 x 20.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: 574 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #40,987 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child Paperback – Apr 12 1999
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“I love Dr. Weissbluth’s philosophy that the most important thing to have is a well-rested family. And fortunately, thanks to this book, most days (and nights) we do!”
–from the Foreword by Cindy Crawford
From the Inside Flap
One of the country's leading researchers updates his revolutionary approach to solving--and preventing--your children's sleep problems
Here Dr. Marc Weissbluth, a distinguished pediatrician and father of four, offers his groundbreaking program to ensure the best sleep for your child. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, he explains with authority and reassurance his step-by-step regime for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child's natural sleep cycles. This valuable sourcebook contains brand new research that
- Pinpoints the way daytime sleep differs from night sleep and why both are important to your child
- Helps you cope with and stop the crybaby syndrome, nightmares, bedwetting, and more
- Analyzes ways to get your baby to fall asleep according to his internal clock--naturally
- Reveals the common mistakes parents make to get their children to sleep--including the inclination to rock and feed
- Explores the different sleep cycle needs for different temperaments--from quiet babies to hyperactive toddlers
- Emphasizes the significance of a nap schedule
Rest is vital to your child's health growth and development. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child outlines proven strategies that ensure good, healthy sleep for every age. Advises parents dealing with teenagers and their unique sleep problems
"From the Trade Paperback edition. --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
You want to sleep?
You want the baby to sleep?
Read the book. Do as he recommends. Enjoy your sleep.
I buy this for EVERY friend/family member who has a baby. I tell them all READ IT BEFORE BABY COMES (because it is long and detailed for sleep deprived parents with blood shot eyes - I was that parent!) and follow it. Follow EVERY part of it. Sleep will come. It did for me the first day I implemented his recommended sleep schedule.
I got this when my first son (whom I'd been trying to "attachment parent") was 11mo and fought sleep at nighttime for hours on end, and didn't nap during the day. Within a month of following Weissbluth, I had a child who napped two times a day, and slept for 12 hours at night. I cringe to think of how much sleep I shortchanged him in his first year by not knowing the necessity of sleep, and how to best encourage a sleeper. I followed this program from the beginning with my next two children and it worked like a charm with no CIO.
If nothing else, I'd definitely recommend that everyone read the initial section on sleep and the way sleep works. It really is eye-opening and makes so much sense. Now I have three children who go to bed by 7 at night and sleep the whole night through (they are 3 and under). It certainly freed up my evenings, and made for happier children all around. Great book!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Sleep
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics