- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Heidegger and Marcuse: The Catastrophe and Redemption of History Paperback – Nov 16 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This is a book of many virtues. It undertakes the conversation that the later Heidegger was too haughty and the mature Marcuse too disappointed to initiate. In light of this conversation, both Heidegger and Marcuse scholars will be provoked to take a deeper and more fruitful approach to these two giants of twentieth century philosophy. More important still, the book's brilliant readings of Plato, Aristotle, Heidegger, and Marcuse give new resonance to Feenberg's own work and open up new avenues for his extraordinarily circumspect and incisive social philosophy.' – Albert Borgmann, University of Montana, USA
'Feenberg's fine-grained and masterly intellectual historiography will be indispensible in further dicussions of Marcuse.' – Topia
About the Author
Andrew Feenberg is Professor and Canada Research Chair in Philosophy of Technology at the School of Communication at Simon Fraser University. He is the author of "Critical Theory of Technology", "Alternative Modernity", "Questioning Technology", "Transforming Technology", and "Heidegger and Marcuse".
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > High-Tech
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Modern
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Social Aspects
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > History & Surveys