Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 10.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Spiral Slicer
|Price:||CDN$ 19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
- Quickly turns almost any raw, firm vegetable into continuous spirals
- Makes spaghetti-like strands, long, flat ribbons or thin slices
- Slice onions without the tears
- Includes cover, collection bowl and instruction booklet
- Disassembles for easy cleaning
This item ships separately and in the original manufacturer's packaging. There will be shipping labels attached to the outside of the package. You may mark this item as a gift if you do not wish to reveal the contents.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Quickly turn almost any firm vegetables into continuous spiral spaghetti-like strands, long, flat ribbons or thin slices. Stainless steel blades slice vegetables quickly and easily. Make beautiful garnish for party platters, prepare vegetables in minutes for delicious homemade soups and slice onion without the tears. Perfect for raw foodies too! Great for slicing carrots, celery cucumbers, onions, potatoes, radishes, turnips, zucchini, yams and much more. Also use your spiral slicer for making coleslaw, garnishes, onion rings, pickles, potato nests, pizza veggie toppings, salads, spaghetti veggies, and soups. Includes cover, collection bowl and instruction booklet. Disassembles for easy cleaning. Helen Chen is a leading Asian culinary expert, cookbook author, cooking instructor and developer of Helen's Asian Kitchen cookware and cooking accessories. Helen's focus is making Asian cooking quick and easy, healthy, and more accessible to the home cook. Here recipes are updated to incorporate heart-healthy oils and readily available supermarket ingredients while still maintaining the authentic flavors and variety of traditional Asian cuisine. Her inspiration for new recipes and products comes from her frequent trips to Asia for business and family visits.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I tried the other setting for noodles thinking maybe it would make a difference - NOPE. The other blade isn't even securely attached to the machine and mine came loose and ended up in with the mush at the bottom.
This was one of the biggest wastes of money. Whatever you do don't buy it.
1. While I was aware this item was plastic, it isn't very high end plastic (like Tupperware for instance) . The finish isn't that great either - very average.
2. The slicer did a decent job on a potato which it made into very fine strips (like noodles) but that required quite a bit of effort. There is nothing to anchor the product to so you need to hold the slicer AND rotate the handle (adding downward pressure on the handle) - my husband and I had to do this together and at the end of it all, I wasn't very sure of what to do with fine strips of potato ! (Maybe other asian cusines have use for it but Indian sure doesn't).
3. The slicer simply didn't do anything with the onion I tried to shred which was really my main use for it.
So, all in all, would say - not worth it !
Most recent customer reviews
Ne tient pas!!!Ne coupe pas bien donc je vous conseille de mettre le double du prix et vous en acheter un horizontal!Published 16 months ago by Carolyne
Didn't really work well at all, very disappointed and I returned it.Published on July 14 2014 by Helena
hard on small zucchinis, i didn't appreciate my first experience with carrots either...I'll try again though to see if it's just me, because videos about it...it seems to be easy!Published on June 27 2014 by Valerie