This book is for you if:
• You have an aging parent who needs or is beginning to need some assistance
• You are not sure what options are available to help care for your parent
• You are exhausted trying to keep your parent in their home because that’s what they want
• You are caught in the middle- caring for children and your parents
• You are trying to earn a living and take care of your parents needs
• Your parent refuses to move even though you know it’s the best option
• You constantly worry about your aging parent
Discover the five steps to help you make the right decisions regarding the care of your aging parents.
• Step 1- Time to move or age in place?
• Step 2- Discover the options
• Step 3- What to do when your parent refuses to move
• Step 4- Discover the cost and how you will pay for the care needed
• Step 5- Know who can help
Caring for aging parents can be overwhelming at times. This book will give you the resources you need to make the right decisions. The stories are about real families dealing with the same issues you are dealing with and finding solutions that work.
About the Author
With parents that both lived into their 90’s who experienced numerous health challenges Kathryn had a lot of experience with taking care of family. After her father’s death in 2005 her aging mother needed assistance and eventually needed around the clock care. At the same time her mother-in law began to have health problems as well. Traveling back and forth the 250 miles to care for them Kathryn learned the stress that a family caregiver often must face. Trying to balance a job, family and take care of aging parents was a struggle at times. Many of Kathryn's coaching clients were in the same boat. Searching for information and care options was quite a challenge. Everybody seemed to just be trying to sell something to her. This frustration led Kathryn to create a web directory and Find Houston Senior Care was born. Filled with information and resources families in the Houston area can do their own search, easily and effortlessly. Today Kathryn helps families who are overwhelmed figure out what the best solution for their family will be. As an Independent Elder Care Advisor, coaching families to sometimes make tough choices is what she does best. Learn more at http://kathrynwatson.com and http://findhoustonseniorcare.com