- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: WW Norton; Reissue edition (Feb. 1 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393311031
- ISBN-13: 978-0393311037
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2 x 20.8 cm
- Shipping Weight: 272 g
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #427,475 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Hens Teeth And Horses Toes Paperback – Feb 1 1994
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Delectable. . . . A happy evolutionary tour de force. Gould is a true natural philosopher in the grand tradition of the Enlightenment. Read, learn, and enjoy. — Washington Post Book World
Lively and fascinating. . . . [Gould] writes beautifully about science and the wonders of nature. — Tracy Kidder
From the Back Cover
Over a century after Darwin published the Origin of Species, Darwinian theory is in a 'vibrantly healthy state, ' writes Stephen Jay Gould, its most engaging and illuminating exponent. Exploring the 'peculiar and mysterious particulars of nature, ' Gould introduces the reader to some of the many and wonderful manifestations of evolutionary biology.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Gould is unparalled when it comes to taking complicated theory and having the ability to evoke enlightenment to the general mass public as he brings a passion to his explanations and an understanding par excellence. Reading Gould's rather convesational tone in this book brings a wealth of information to the reader in a painless fashion.
Gould is truly a natural philosopher when it comes to spinning a story as he brings to the table a wealth of information as you read and the conclusion comes to you in a rather lively and fascinating manor. Gould has hit his stride with these essays.
This book was a joy to read and educational, bringing the reader witty learned sense making you follow till you see his conclusion. The prose flows well and you will feel that you are in capable hands as you are guided throughout the book.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Evolution
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Organic
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences
- Livres > Sciences, Techniques et Médecine > Sciences de la vie - Biologie - Génétique > Biodiversité - Évolution