- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Heraldry: A Pictorial Archive for Artists and Designers Paperback – Nov 25 1991
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Heraldry had its origin in the decorative shields used in Western Europe in the twelfth century. Today the varied and colorful designs that have developed over the centuries carry a rich aura of medieval romance that can enhance any number of artistic and design projects.
For this volume, Carol Belanger Grafton has selected 1,047 authentic heraldic designs and motifs from The Art of Heraldry, a classic study by Arthur Charles Fox-Davies (1871–1928), an English barrister and foremost authority on the subject. Dating from the fourteenth to the twentieth centuries, the illustrations include 393 full-color and 654 black-and-white designs: arms of individuals, among them such notables as Edward the Black Prince, John Milton, and Maximilian I; arms of institutions, corporations, guilds, towns, and cities; heraldic windows; examples of heraldic lions, eagles, and dragons; banners and crests; and more.
These designs represent a superb source of authentic royalty-free images that will give aristocratic flair to book and magazine illustrations, advertisements, newsletters, and other graphic projects. This volume is also a valuable visual reference for those interested in genealogy.
Dover (1991) original selection of designs from The Art of Heraldry: An Encyclopaedia of Armory, originally published by T. C. & E. C. Jack, London, 1904.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Decorative Arts
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Clip Art
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Commercial
- Books > Arts & Photography > Reference
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy