High Sierra 5462-404/V12 Access Pack (Navy/Ash/Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Multi-compartment design
- Padded interior computer sleeve, with back-access zipper, holds a 17-Inch notebook computer
- Deluxe organizer with pen pockets, zippered pocket, and removable key fob
- Tricot-lined CD/MP3 player pocket with headphone port
- Yoke-style, S-shaped Vapel and #8482, mesh shoulder straps with Suspension System, media pocket and integrated grab handle
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Big and boldly styled, Access has the right combination to hold everything you need for an action-packed day away, with a generous computer sleeve, deluxe organizer, two water bottle pockets and a cool, contemporary look.
From the Manufacturer
High Sierra Access shown in black
Adventure High Sierra
High Sierra designs feature-rich, versatile adventure lifestyle gear for adventurers everywhere. Since our founding in 1978, we’ve committed ourselves to creating durable, affordable product with distinctive details, delivering the freedom to go anywhere—near or far, on roads or trails, on mountain ridges or snowy slopes, no matter what form your adventure takes. High Sierra. Adventure This Way.
Large, fully featured and ready for adventure
The High Sierra Access backpack is ideal for people that require a lot of organization and storage space. This is a large capacity pack that is designed for maximum utility and comfort. Shoulder straps with suspension, adjustable side compression straps and waist belt are included to make carrying heavy loads feel lighter by distributing the weight of the gear around your entire torso. The Access offers multiple, large compartments with a convenient side-access pocket and premium multi-pocket organizer with a removable key fob. Keep all of your digital gear safe with a fully padded laptop sleeve, which holds most 17-inch laptops. A dedicated tablet sleeve and other small compartments are designed to keep your personal electronics easily within reach.
- Laptop compartment (fully padded).
- Tablet sleeve
- Tuck away rain cover.
- Mesh beverage pocket.
- Multi-compartment design.
- Media pocket with headphone port.
- Multi-pocket organzier with key fob.
- Padded S-shaped shoulder straps with Suspension System.
- AIRFLOW padded back panel.
- Tuck away waist belt
- Adjustable side compression straps.
- Sternum strap
- Padded bottom panel.
- Monster hook
- Reflective piping for safety.
- Multi-loop daisy chain.
- Removable media pocket on shoulder strap.
Large main compartments and multiple pockets allow you to keep all of your gear secure and organized.
Laptop and tablet storage
A fully padded CushionZone laptop compartment accommodates most 17-inch models. A dedicated TechSpot sleeve provides an ideal space for your tablet.
The rain cover is stored in a hidden compartment at the bottom of the bag. It is perfect for keep your contents dry and help keep the bag clean when checked during air travel.
Shoulder straps with Suspension System
The Suspension System provides relief when carrying heavier loads. It does so by dampening the shock of weight transfer while transporting your gear.
Padded back panel with AIRFLOW
Moisture wicking Vapel mesh material and deep air channels create maximum airflow between your back and the pack.
Premium Organizer with key fob
Multiple pockets including a zippered mesh pocket, pen pockets, lidded media pocket and key fob hook are perfect for keeping all of your smaller items secure.
|Capacity||1800 cu. in.||2382 cu. in.||2015 cu. in.||2380 cu. in.||2230 cu. in.||2750 cu. in.|
|Padded shoulder straps||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Suspension System shoulder straps||---||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Padded back panel||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AIRFLOW back panel||---||---||---||---||✓||✓|
|Organizer with key fob||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Adjustable compression straps||---||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The Access Day Pack, has been great! Although it is not waterproof, it comes with its own rain coat that covers the bag just in case you get caught in undesirable weather. I thought that was a cool feature!
I also an not a big fan of pre-sized pockets and pouches as they never fit my stuff. However the pockets in this bag are really good size and can hold most cellphones or 2-way radios.
The things I would change about the bag are:
1) The top MP3 style pocket. It is big enough to hold your iPod but if you put much else in it you run out of room quickly.
2) I would add another "water bottle" holder on the left side. These pockets are always useful and having a second one would only make this bag that much better.
3) I would add a rubberized waterproof bottom to the bag. If you set it down in a wet area for very long the water will soak through.
Hope this helps...
1. It has many pockets for all kinds of gadgets or items you may have.
2. The bottle holder is far better than in any previous backpack i have owned. It has a zipper to it so you can tighten the bottle agaist the pack to hold it down.
3. It has a rain cover. I haven't needed to use it yet but im sure that day will come.
4. The laptop padding is good. I have had the pack tip over and fall on the floor. The laptop was protected each time.
5. The pack has padding for your back as well. However, there is a con here that ill explain further down.
6. The pack is spacious and wide enough for my dslr camera bag. This is a big plus for me.
1. The padding for your shoulders and back has a tendency to cover air flow and makes you sweat. The pack is advertised to have good air flow but this is not true in my experience.
2. The wait strap is excessive and unnecessary in my opinion. My pack is never heavy enough to need it.
3. The pack is advertised to be able to hold upto 17in. laptops but i have serious doubts about that. My 15.4in widescreen laptop fits snugly and hangs out of the top of the covering a good bit. The dimensions of my laptop are the following: 14.25" x 10.55" x 1.54"
Overall a very good pack, best i've had yet.
When I returned I had about 1/3 what I took with me and it was compact like a day pack by pulling the reinforcement straps tight and its small again.
I used the rain cover when I landed in Hono cause we walked in rain to our gate. Nothing got wet. In the hotel i had to dry out the cover before I let it get packed away.
This pack is under advertised and under rated. Sellers I hope you like the photos, buyers I hope the photos answer any questions.
This pack makes EVERYONE ask about it and this pack steered me away from a THE NORTHFACE pack cause of the size, straps, padding and application of so many tasks it covers.
The hip strap is well made, and padded so that it is actually comfortable with 50+ lbs of books weighing it down. Can't emphazise how comfortable the hip strap is!
The laptop gets it's own padded compartment in the main pocket, and it is tall enough for 17" laptops. I use it for a 15", and the sides are fine, so I don't know how the sides on a 17" would be, but I expect it will fit fine. Has a nice clip to keep it from bouncing around.
The second (big) pocket out is for shorter items, but from outside is deceptively large because in fact there is a third almost hidden pocket in front of it. The third pocket has a size zip entrance, so it's not very good for books or papers. I don't use it for much except sometimes an extra shirt, or scarf and hat, things like that. If short on space though, remember it's there. The outermost pocket is great for pencils, bus schedules, combs, flat stuff. I use the mp3/cd player pocket for my laptop mouse.
The "suspension system" on the shoulder straps actually has a span of tough elastic in between shoulders and bag. I think it makes the bag ride softer on your shoulders... but also makes it a little more bouncy.
The rain fly is VERY effective, although when not using it is more heavy than you might think. I had a hard time folding it back up to fit in it's underneath pocket. Without the fly, the bag can take 1 hour of medium rain and keep your books dry. Although the laptop zipper will leak and soak the top of the bag a couple inches down, it didn't reach my laptop because the bag is tall. Fly is bright yellow, it also doubles to make you somewhat more visible when biking in the dark. (Not reflective)
EDIT: Per a question, Added 2 photos of bag with a single-layer fleece blanket 45"x60" inside. First photo of it in the main compartment, second photo of it in the outer pocket. Still had tons of room for things in the main compartment that way.
Reciently I was invited to go on a 2 day hike throught the jungle (I live in costa rica) and the only back pack I had was this one. I thought it might be two small at first but I was able to pack very comfortably:
1 fleece balket
1 mosquito net
1 large first aid kit
1 pair of sport sandels
1 change of clothes
extra socks and underwear
enough food for 2 days
small bag with toiletries
a flash light and 1 sweater
I walked for 8 hour the first day and my shoulders were not hurting at all, the weight was very well distributed and the shoulder straps were very comfortable. The only thing was one part of the sternum straps fell off and was lost, but that I believe was because i snagged it on something and did not notice.
every one on this trip admired my bag and said it was the perfect size. In the end I was almost disappointed it did not rain, because I really wanted to whip out the awesome rain protection this bag has which I have to say was the feature that won me over when I bought the bag.