Hiking the Grand Canyon: A Sierra Club Totebook Paperback – Jan 1 2015
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
To be completely fair to the author his hiking descriptions and mileages are generally without serious error. So if you have an earlier edition of Annerino continue to use it.
Feel free to check my profile for my backgound regarding Grand Canyon as well as hiking. And feel free to check out my Listmania list "Grand Canyon - Best Books."
"... the Tonto Trail is the major east-west camino through the Grand Canyon." Now many, maybe even most, people who live in the parts of the US with a Spanish influence know that camino is Spanish for road. But how about other English speakers around the world?
Or another example:
"Assuming that the Colorado River isn't rumbling along at 30,000 cfs or more, you can follow the left-hand (south) side of the river ...". How much is 30,000 cfs? Is that unusual? I think the author meant that to say something like "if the river doesn't cover the trail, you can ...", but I don't know for sure.
I much prefer Hiking Grand Canyon National Park, 2nd (Regional Hiking Series) for planning a trip and Hiking the Grand Canyon's Geology (Hiking Geology) for understanding the geology.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Travel > Guidebook Series > Sierra Club
- Books > Travel > North America
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Food & Lodging > Parks & Campgrounds
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Hiking
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Ecotourism
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions > West
- Books > Travel > United States > States > Arizona