Holiday Collection (CD)
|Price:||CDN$ 8.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Finally available for the first time in Canada, this album features six timeless seasonal favourites. Following hot on the heels of her latest #1 debut album, Speak Now, and arriving just in time for the holiday season is The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Track listing (Track Number. Title - Time - Writers):
1. Last Christmas - 3:32 - George Michael
2. Christmases When You Were Mine - 3:08 - Taylor Swift, Liz Rose, Nathan Chapman
3. Santa Baby - 2:43 - Jonas Ellen Javits, Phillip Springers, Tony Springer
4. Silent Night - 3:34 - Traditional Arrangement by Taylor Swift
5. Christmas Must Be Something More - 3:55 - Taylor Swift
6. White Christmas - 2:34 - Irving Berlin
A great holiday gift to get a Taylor Swift fan!!!
* LAST CHRISTMAS
* CHRISTMASES WHEN YOU WERE MINE
* SANTA BABY
* SILENT NIGHT
* CHRISTMAS MUST BE SOMETHING MORE
* WHITE CHRISTMAS
It may not even Halloween yet, but it's already scary to feel the spirit of Christmas through the sounds of an angel in the month of October. If you can find a copy of this CD, it would be one of the best Christmas gifts you could buy for yourself or for someone special during this Holiday season. Remember to have some heart if you have this CD. Please don't overprice just because it is seemingly rare.
1. "Last Christmas" starts the album off with a bang! (or should I say Wham!?;) Taylor's cover of George Michael's holiday classic has a more upbeat tempo and fun, rock and roll edge along with a tongue-in-cheek gender turn, but still perfectly conveying her persona of heart-on-her-sleeve vulnerability.
2. "Christmases When You Were Mine". First of the two new Taylor songs on this album slows down the mood. The usual great lyrics from team Swift/Rose in a monologue to a broken-up lover and the Christmas memories they shared.
3. "Santa Baby". Playing the materialistic vixen perfectly. I like the tongue-in-cheek allusion, "one more thing I need, the deed, to a platinum mine". Judging by the number of platinum albums she has, I'd say TayTay's got that covered.
4. "Silent Night". Beautiful, spiritual, uplifting. Perfect song for her voice. Like an angel singing.
5. "Christmas Must Be Something More". The other new Taylor song, upbeat tempo, worth the price of the entire album. Taylor gets a lot of inspiration from fairy tales, this one's from the Dr. Seuss classic "The Grinch That Stole Christmas", but of course, putting her own unique spin: "So here's to the birthday boy who saved our lives". Taylor's not afraid to show her spiritual, Christian values here, where she downplays the commercialism and materialism that Christmas has become (in stark contrast to track 3 "Santa Baby"). The great artists, like Taylor Swift, remind us of the Truth with their art.
6. "White Christmas". Nice quiet, peaceful ending with this classic.