Home Alone 3 (Bilingual)
|Price:||CDN$ 37.75 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Here's a perfect movie for kids, who never seem to tire of John Hughes's sure-fire slapstick formula. Working yet another variation on his mammoth 1990 hit, writer-producer Hughes (regarded by many as Hollywood's antichrist) strands a youngster in his own home with the chicken pox in this 1997 retelling. While his parents go to work, he sees a team of burglars invading the neighborhood houses; in fact, they're spies, looking for a toy containing a stolen microchip. The inevitability of the finale--one kid holding off four professionals with toys and garden tools--will do nothing to lessen the amusement of youngsters, who love to see the bad guys get creamed. Adults may pause at the sadistic nature of some of Hughes's pranks, but kids will eat up the image of one of their own outwitting all the adults. --Marshall Fine --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Boy, was I wrong.
Many people seem to have taken issue with Home Alone 3 because it does not follow on directly from the 2nd film in the series. Really, is that such a huge deal? If anything, it's what made this movie work. They didn't try to make another 'Kevin' story, but went for something totally different, just using the same plot - David vs. Goliath in a house of horrors that David set up.
And as for trashing Alex D. Linz in the role, please.... At least this child could act. My biggest gripe with the first two Home Alone movies was that Macauly Culkin constantly sounded like he was reading his lines straight out of the script, rather than something that was rehearsed.
But back to the story. The premise of this tale is that four criminal masterminds have obtained a stolen chip, with the intention of selling it to a mega-rich (mega-dangerous) buyer.
Through a totally plausible mix up at the airport, the chip (which is hidden inside a remote controlled toy car) ends up in the hands of an elderly lady. The crooks chase her all the way back to Chicago to try and recover the chip and save their own rear ends.
This is another factor which worked well for the movie. Whereas with the first two films, it was funny because Harry and Marv were such an obvious pair of morons. The four crims in HA3 are supposed to be smart, which makes it so much more delicious when Alex makes idiots of them.
The hero of the story, Alex, is by himself not through any family holiday mix-ups, but rather because he has chicken pox, and both parents have to work.Read more ›
was just horrible and overrated. The story is a classic and it is always fun to watch kids outsmartting adults, the pranks are just great. This movie should have been called "The Real Home Alone - what the first two were not".
Basically the point of this movie as well as the others is for the viewer to have a fun time. Culkin, kills the first two and makes for an unenjoyable experience. Alex D. Linz in HA3 is adorable, and makes the move a joy to watch.
However, I enjoyed it even more than the earlier ones.
It moves at a fast pace. It is fresh. New kid. New villains. High tech Gadgets. What is common is that the villains have a tough time here too.
If you have liked the previous two movies, there is no reason why you should not like this one.
1) The movie has nothing to do with Kevin McCallister or any relationship with the first 2 movies. So just because it has a kid setting traps like the first 2, is this really considered a sequel? because sequels usually have relationships to its previous films and this one didn't.
2) The bad guys in the movie are not crooks like Marve and Harry. These guys happen to be a group of masterminds and computer geniuses that are not wanted by the police but instead the FBI.
3) It has a very bizzare plot. The reason why the criminals are here is because of luggage mixup. It was kind of stupid too because there bag was behind someones luggage and but comes out of the x-ray machine first and was identical to another bag. And not only that, how could the lady who took their bag by accident have not realized it was the wrong bag. It took the criminals less then 10 seconds to realize they had the wrong luggage. They need their bag because it had a toy car that they hid a missil chip inside of that they need.
4) The new hero, Alex (Alex d. Linz from Max Keeble's big Move) isn't staying home alone because his family went on vacation and forgot him but because he has chicken and stays home from school and his parents have to go work.
5) An 8 year old boy takes out 4 supergeniouses. Lets just take a minute to think WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???????? I know in the first 2 we have an 8 year old boy taking out criminals but those guys were morons. Where dealing with people who have mini camers on their singlasses and intercept phone calls. These guys are wanted by the FBI and they are dumb enough to get trapped by a little kid.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I must explain this to you because I watch this movie and I am very annoyed. This movie absoultly stinks! Even I enjoy Home Alone 1 and 2 because they are wonderful to watch. Read morePublished on Aug. 5 2011 by Kevin Barton
the series would have been fine if they wouldn't have made this one. it's not even close to what 1 and 2 were! and what now? they made a 4th one?! Read morePublished on July 16 2004
No offense Alex but you will never be as good as Macualay Culkin is. He has that special kind of touch on people that you will never have. Read morePublished on July 8 2004 by Autumn
This has got to be the biggest rip-off ever. There are two words to describe this.....HORRIFIC and DESCUSTING! They can't just throw any garbage out like this!!! Read morePublished on April 3 2004
Home Alone 1 was a very good movie. It was very original and it had many funny parts. Home Alone 2 was just as good, maybe even better, since it was the same actors and... Read morePublished on Jan. 18 2004 by SKarmily
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Comic Action
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Kids & Teens
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Comedy Directors > John Hughes
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Series & Sequels > Home Alone
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Policier et Thriller
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Adventure
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy