Home-Based Travel Agent: How to Cash In On The Exciting New World Of Travel Marketing Paperback – Dec 15 1998
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
Whether you plan to become a home-based travel agent on a part- or full-time basis, I think you will find the bulk of the material in this book both of interest and of use. Even if you have been working for a travel agency for five years, my guess is you will learn some new things.
The book is organized in three main sections:
PART I: HOW YOU CAN BECOME A TRAVEL AGENT TODAY! Here, I lay out the opportunities that exist, show you how to get started on a level at which you are most comfortable, and point out some of the pitfalls as well as the pleasures of this exciting new lifestyle.
PART II: THE FINE ART OF SELLING TRAVEL. Next, I show you how to translate your enthusiasm into actual sales and put real cash in your pocket. Youll learn how to locate your very first customers, get to know their travel needs and preferences, use powerful benefits to sell high-ticket tours and cruises, and ask for their business with pride and confidence. This is a complete mini-training program in the classic core selling skills. It is patterned after sales training programs I created for some of Americas most successful selling organizations.
PART III: RESOURCE SECTION Here you will find annotated lists of books, magazines, educational institutions, industry organizations, professional associations, and other resources you can turn to for more information.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Home Based
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Marketing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Travel