Homeless Narratives & Pretreatment Pathways: From Words to Housing Paperback – Sep 2 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
his experience working with homeless people, his wisdom and treatment philosophy with touching narratives of homeless individuals. His narratives illustrate how to put the principles he espouses into action. I found this book to be both an inspiring work of nonfiction and a practical guide for people studying and working in the field. All of the principles the author espouses for building bridges between the homeless population and state resources are put forth in a logical, clear and concise manner, which makes the book easy to read and comprehend. The author explains his methods of keying into unique language usage in order to facilitate communication with the homeless. He brings fresh, keen philosophical insights to a complicated problem, bucking conventional wisdom in confronting homelessness and presenting cogent, practical solutions to improving the lives of homeless people. This book is an essential read for medical and social work professionals, as well as government policy makers who deal with issues of homelessness. It is also an enlightening book for anyone interested in learning more about the plight of the homeless.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Mental Illness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Levels of Government
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development