The Hope Chest Paperback – Feb 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Perhaps other books in this series are better, and I am anxious to read another to see. I would not suggest this as an introduction to the series.
Amish shun a member who has left the faith for the "fancy" world. They do this to keep their community "pure" in their beliefs. When one daughter runs away to marry her husband who wants to go "fancy," the family has put their daughter under the shunning. This story is almost preachy in that it keeps bringing up forgiveness and how the family should forgive their daughter and welcome her back into the family. This DOES NOT happen in real Amish families unless the person goes through a period of repentance and agrees to rejoin the church.
The story does touch on the difficulties Amish young adults have during their "courting" where two women may want to court the same man.
If you want to enjoy an inspirational uplifting book, you will be pleased, but don't expect to learn the honest life of the Amish.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Romance
- Books > Romance > Contemporary